Thread: Smokey mountain

Default Smokey mountain

Heat winners as follows 1.Shane clanton 2.Jason Jameson 3.Brandon sheppard 4.Brian Shirley
    I am what I am

Dragging their on the program a little bit. Wrong night to run these mini sprints.

Smoky mountain using every last second of their curfew tonight, One of the slowest ran shows at the mountain that I have ever seen

Top 5 finish

Bshep
    Madden
    Tmac
    Clanton
    Wells

Yes the show was dragged out. However, the track was in very good shape tonight. All three grooves were very racy. Great win for B-Shep!
    Last edited by TNDirt; 04-29-2017 at 11:12 PM.

I enjoyed myself, I will be back again. Just wish they would've started on time, instead of an hour late. I know the track was wet and they had to run it in. A support class other than sprints could've aided that. I don't think any one late model driver wanted to go slop around in the mud. Anyone that has helped out on these cars knows that just makes a big mess of everything.

I'm not complaining at all, but I'd like to have gotten home before the sun came up. It was a 5hr drive for me and my friend. Good racing, and I'm glad we made the trip.

I wanted the supers to go another 50. Track was on point , late night but when the racing is good I don't mind. Great field of cars Madden and BShep were wheeling. I think things could have got real interesting with a caution late. Great field of cars, it might be the best field SAS has all year

last race at smokey mountain started late. this one was hour and a half starting late. please just start on time,
    victim

My lord, that was the worst announcing I've ever heard for any type of race.

The track and the racing was great. BShep was flying right out of the box last night but for a while there I thought Madden was going to catch him in the feature. Agree with the poster who said it may be the best SAS field all year, the race really benefited from the cancellations by the big series. Excellent field of sprint cars too. Starting earlier would have been nice, but other than that everything was just great.

I want to add that Smoky Mountain Speedway has made significant improvements to the facilities for this year, and the spectator area has improved by leaps and bounds. They did some good things last year too, the scale house for example. A big thumbs up to ownership for the investments they are making in the facility. A while back someone did a poll about the best tracks in the country -- want to say that was Rich Allen (Returning to Dirt). SMS did pretty well and at the time I was thinking that was a little East TN favoritism, but with the improvements they've made here I believe SMS is really a world class facility in just about every way.

Just watched the video from Smokey Mountain..... Awesome race. What was going on with the announcers? I wasn't there but watching the video I question whether they were there or were they high....

Quote Originally Posted by callmez View Post
    I want to add that Smoky Mountain Speedway has made significant improvements to the facilities for this year, and the spectator area has improved by leaps and bounds. They did some good things last year too, the scale house for example. A big thumbs up to ownership for the investments they are making in the facility. A while back someone did a poll about the best tracks in the country -- want to say that was Rich Allen (Returning to Dirt). SMS did pretty well and at the time I was thinking that was a little East TN favoritism, but with the improvements they've made here I believe SMS is really a world class facility in just about every way.
    new concession and scoring tower. track was great. even though the eco pest 7g got smoked in supers. out classed. don't need any more support classes, that what we like about smokey mountain. in and out. just start on time. that is for any track or event. being late is a pet peeve of mine. it was a stacked field for sure. we knew we wouldn't make the feature, but we like getting smoked by the best.
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Just watched the video from Smokey Mountain..... Awesome race. What was going on with the announcers? I wasn't there but watching the video I question whether they were there or were they high....
    It may be both. They were clueless to the action going on the track and the stupid one liners were baseless. I didn't know if I was watching a goat rodeo or a independent wrestling match

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    It may be both. They were clueless to the action going on the track and the stupid one liners were baseless. I didn't know if I was watching a goat rodeo or a independent wrestling match
    that was good for a morning chuckle.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

I agree the one liner coming from the announcing wasn't good. We don't need some wild analogy on every call. Racing looked good though