Default Standard damper vs. Fluid Damper

i have a fluid damper that I got with my project engine... some guys like 'em but many don't. Seems like the standard deal is favored... your opinions based on first hand experience?

Thanks...
    Last edited by Krooser; 04-29-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    i have a fluid damper that I got with my project engine... some guys like 'em but many don't. Seems like the standard deal is favored... your opinions based on first hand experience?

Thanks...
    Fluid damper is better for steady state RPM, but lacks in rapid sweeping RPM thus why they aren't overly thought of for circle track. However with that said, I wouldn't be afraid to run one as I had several I ran for years with factory cast cranks turning over 8000 RPM and never had an issue. However I didn't run the cranks that long about 2 seasons and where always zyglo tested between years to check for cracks.

Since your on a budget and if you already have it, I'd use it without worries. If you have to buy I'd go with an ATI.

Thanks BBC... this deal has about 30 nights on it. Should be ok to use but I value others opinions on this kinda stuff. Some wouldn't use one on a Briggs and Scrap Iron and others swear by them... you know how that goes...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019