Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Yep everybody is different. I don't particularly care for listening to Essex, but that doesn't mean he's bad....far from it. He just has a strange twang and tries to say too much too fast for me, my redneck brain can't process it that fast.
    With Essex, you talking bout this..... word word word word pause/breath, word word word word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath .....???
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Too add on to fastford in a different area, I was told by a fan that went this past weekend that the bathrooms have a wasp problem. Not being critical, just giving a heads up. Track personnel might not be aware.
    Those are just the mascots. It is the "Hornet's Nest" after all....

With Essex, you talking bout this..... word word word word pause/breath, word word word word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath .....???
    HA! I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems like it didn't used to be the way it is now. I like his action calls, just seems like his call has sped way up over the last couple of years. And that high twang "JAAAAAYYYY DDDDDD" lol. It's all good though. If these are our biggest problems then that is a good thing.

I guess that is part of it though, having a schtick. If they were boring that wouldn't be any fun either.
    Last edited by zach51; 05-01-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    HA! I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems like it didn't used to be the way it is now. I like his action calls, just seems like his call has sped way up over the last couple of years. And that high twang "JAAAAAYYYY DDDDDD" lol. It's all good though. If these are our biggest problems then that is a good thing.
    I follow ya. His call has changed over the past 10 years for sure.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I find it hard to be a critic of something I can't or wouldn't do........holler em out dewayne, I know where the mute and volume buttons are if I need them.

Normally I'm at the track and couldn't care less who is announcing........listening to them is not really why I go.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thanks Chris, ya sure can't please em all. Dirt Crow, really looking forward to seeing you again my friend, and I may take you up on your Eldora offer. I am aware of the loudness of the speakers in t-1. I use the wireless mic which seems good all around, My associate uses the wired mic and it comes off louder in 1 than the rest of the track plus his voice has a much higher tone than mine.

Dirt Crow, if you want I will fix you up in the tower. Fastford, come see me brother.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Hey I appreciate the offer Mark but I got a group of folks coming with me. We'll be sitting up top between 4 and flagstand.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Thats my usual spot too! Me and little brother prob sat next to you 100 times...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Thats my usual spot too! Me and little brother prob sat next to you 100 times...
    For decades I've sat between flagstand and 1. But last year I sit between 4 and flagstand. Much better view. But the backstretch is still the best. But not paying 35
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Hey Mark. What's the beer / cooler policy this weekend ???
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

it better be OK, lol i dont know of them being banned before.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    it better be OK, lol i dont know of them being banned before.
    It was one time when WoO Sprint Cars was there on a race weekend. So because of that I like to double check. ....sent message asking the same on TST Facebook page. They said bring em on, but no glass. Only cans.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

i dont remember that, but i didnt go much then , when you mentioned glass, i always thought that was a common since thing at a dirt track, but i sat in the stands last sat night and was amazed at people with glass bottles , they were warned though , think i remember ole LMM getting on to a few.

It was one time when WoO Sprint Cars was there on a race weekend. So because of that I like to double check. ....sent message asking the same on TST Facebook page. They said bring em on, but no glass. Only cans.
    I think that was only you couldn't bring it in, but they were selling it there. If I recall ole Smoke took a liking to the "personalities" of one of the nice young ladies there selling beverages.

Another good one was Robby Gordon riding through the pits spraying people with a super soaker.

Carl Edwards hanging out and talking when he drove for Stacey a couple of times.

Couple of others not suitable to tell. Cup weekend is always a good time. Y'all enjoy I'm going to the beach.

Red face

Cooler policy is anything you want as long as there is no glass. That opens the door big time, I tell folks each Sat night that as long as there is no glass you are good to go. Bring them adult beverages and partake!!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer Still Working To Get Better

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I think that was only you couldn't bring it in, but they were selling it there. If I recall ole Smoke took a liking to the "personalities" of one of the nice young ladies there selling beverages.

Another good one was Robby Gordon riding through the pits spraying people with a super soaker.

Carl Edwards hanging out and talking when he drove for Stacey a couple of times.

Couple of others not suitable to tell. Cup weekend is always a good time. Y'all enjoy I'm going to the beach.
    Your exactly right. That's what it was. They wanted you to buy it that night. Good memory sir. .....I'm headed to the beach in a month. Daytona! And Volusia is having a 5k to win late Model show the Saturday I arrive. Finally gonna get to see a race there because I refuse to pay Daytona speedweek hotel prices.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Dustin Jarrett does a great announcing!

Your exactly right. That's what it was. They wanted you to buy it that night. Good memory sir. .....I'm headed to the beach in a month. Daytona! And Volusia is having a 5k to win late Model show the Saturday I arrive. Finally gonna get to see a race there because I refuse to pay Daytona speedweek hotel prices.
    I'll be just up A1A from there in St Augustine. Hope TST is a good show.

Been a while since I've been to Volusia. I'm more of a bullring guy, but should be a good show.

I don't know about other fans ,but when I watch a race on DOD from a track that I've never been to I like to hear the names and where they're from.
    With this guy I just can't stand to listen to him.
    I tried to listen to it one more time today but I just can not any more.

One of his stupid comments today was (HUNTENEM DOWN LIKE A DOG IN HEAT}.

Now how does that sound?
    Just think what you would tell you're 9 year old when she ask you what dog in heat means !!!!!!!!

Like they say ( to all his own )
    I will not listen to him again.