Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Late Model Mark, need a solid from you...

I don't know if you'll respond to this, and that's ok, but on behalf of me, and pretty much all the fans, at this Saturday nights Southern All-Star race, probably my lone appearance at TST this year, can you PLEASE just get the All-Star announcer hammered by 7 o'clock and passed out drunk and you just call the action. I really don't know if I can take anymore of his screaming. ...Does he have passion for the sport, absolutely. But professionalism, no. Far from it. Just watched the Smokey Mtn All-Star race on DoD and once again I had to turn the volume all the way down. ...Somebody gotta tell him to get a grip, show him how it's done. Might as well be you. You've turned into a great voice to listen to. ......so if you see me Saturday, I expect my shout out. Lol. Take care my friend. And remember, you ever wanna go back with us to Eldora, we'll always have you a spot.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

LOL, this isn't the first post about this. Be prepared to get raked over the coals for daring to mention it. I was branded "Judgemental" because I requested he stop using certain phrases. Keyword, "requested" and I got blasted as "a hater", "a hypocrite" and many other things for that. Today the thought process of certain generations and people is, your not allowed a different opinion from theirs, if so your freedom of speech privileges will be revoked and you'll be reported for hate speech. Have a nice day.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

I was headed here to say the same thing. I also watched the DoD video and heard the announcer say that Jamison was working the top like the HighSide Hustler, Mr Bobby Pierce. This is around the 2:30 mark. I think we have an issue with different announcers, as mine is with the quieter of the two.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 04-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Good post and true Maverick. But there's still a good many that's like me - the kind that don't give a sh!+ what people think about them. We may be a slow dying breed in the world today but I'm glad to be part of it. Lol. ....but yes, his screaming is the absolute worse.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    I was headed here to say the same thing. I also watched the DoD video and heard the announcer say that Jamison was working the top like the HighSide Hustler, Mr Bobby Pierce. This is around the 2:10 minute mark.
    Omg! Gees. had the volume down. Never heard it. Lol. That's worse than the time I heard the local Dixie speedway announcer say at the shootout "Don O'Neal, a real deal, martinsville IL."
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Best line I heard when I had it turned on was when he said "Squirrel is about to get a Nut"!!! My wife even turned around and ask me, what the he1l did that guy say? lmbo. It was at that time that I turned off the sound. Just don't understand it. Call the race and leave the 1 liners to the comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by KBM18fan View Post
    Best line I heard when I had it turned on was when he said "Squirrel is about to get a Nut"!!! My wife even turned around and ask me, what the he1l did that guy say? lmbo. It was at that time that I turned off the sound. Just don't understand it. Call the race and leave the 1 liners to the comedians.
    Exactly.....
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Thanks for the props DC. This coming Nascar Weekend event will be quite busy in the booth. We will be live streaming the events from Thursday thru Sat night. On Friday in the booth will be the USCS announcer doing the live stream as well as myself, Ross Tingle from the Mag will do the Nesmith stuff and my associate on Saturday nights will also help out. Then Saturday, the SAS announcer I am sure will be in attendance as well, that makes five announcers up there. "Yikes!!"

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Just hand the mic to Ross and call it a night.
    Last edited by B_K; 04-30-2017 at 07:31 PM.

I like the guy!!!!! He adds "flavor"? At least he is trying to be entertaining, as we all know the racing anywhere in the south lacks entertainment!!!!! Qualifying and follow the leader most nights, so he fills in so the fans don't fall asleep. Sooner or later this will end like NASCAR? Empty seats and sponsor trouble? To each their own, just my opinion

Thanks for that gloom and doom testimonial Slick Willie. Now go slap your ugly crook wife in the face with a bus.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Not sure who the announcers were last night at Smokey Mountain but those were two of the worst ever. I question if they were even at the race or were they smoked up. What they were saying wasn't even happening.. and the one liners were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Thanks for that gloom and doom testimonial Slick Willie. Now go slap your ugly crook wife in the face with a bus.
    My wife/boss can even call a spade a spade. We all know how it is down here. No gloom,no doom, just the way it is!

As LateModelMark, James Essex, or any other announcer that lurks on here or posts on here will say...this isnt an easy job, and not everyone can do it.

Everyone has their own style, everyone wants to add their own little "flavor" to the show. Some announcers like to tell stories and forget about the play by play, and calling the action. Some announcers like to strictly focus on play by play. Some announcers talk before the races begin, and then when the green drops, they just go silent.

Being an announcer since 2001, its hard to find a style that will please "everyone" as its just not possible to do so. Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I know that we all appreciate it, and can use it to help enhance your experience at the track to make it a fun and enjoyable one.

But, this is just one announcers opinion. Good luck to LateModelMark, Ross, Wesley Outland (USCS), and Dewayne Keith (SAS) on their big weekend coming up!
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    My wife/boss can even call a spade a spade. We all know how it is down here. No gloom,no doom, just the way it is!
    I agree about the racing down here. It's nothing like the Yankees have for sure. But we do have our bright spots (Whynot, Senoia, ArkLaTex, Magnolia) and others have there moments.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    As LateModelMark, James Essex, or any other announcer that lurks on here or posts on here will say...this isnt an easy job, and not everyone can do it.

Everyone has their own style, everyone wants to add their own little "flavor" to the show. Some announcers like to tell stories and forget about the play by play, and calling the action. Some announcers like to strictly focus on play by play. Some announcers talk before the races begin, and then when the green drops, they just go silent.

Being an announcer since 2001, its hard to find a style that will please "everyone" as its just not possible to do so. Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I know that we all appreciate it, and can use it to help enhance your experience at the track to make it a fun and enjoyable one.

But, this is just one announcers opinion. Good luck to LateModelMark, Ross, Wesley Outland (USCS), and Dewayne Keith (SAS) on their big weekend coming up!
    Nice post. But as far as the SAS announcer, if he'd just quit screaming, who knows, he might be pretty good.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Nice post. But as far as the SAS announcer, if he'd just quit screaming, who knows, he might be pretty good.
    This is exactly where I am too, crow. The one liners and somewhat silly analogies dont bother me nearly bad as the screaming. It seems that I heard him long ago at EAMS and he wasnt yelling into the mic. Maybe its some crazy habit he's developed over the past couple years with sas. Reminds me of Carrie Underwoods music...it can be enjoyable to some but she's always screaming before the end.

Yep everybody is different. I don't particularly care for listening to Essex, but that doesn't mean he's bad....far from it. He just has a strange twang and tries to say too much too fast for me, my redneck brain can't process it that fast.

hey mark, i dont care what any one says, your doing a fine job, i would like to say one thing, we were not ready yet this Saturday night and sat on the spectator side in turn one, the speakers were turned up way to high, may have just been down there, dont know, but between the races, it was very loud and herd several complain, you guys may not realize it so just letting you know. See you this week end buddy...........

Too add on to fastford in a different area, I was told by a fan that went this past weekend that the bathrooms have a wasp problem. Not being critical, just giving a heads up. Track personnel might not be aware.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST