Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moyer Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by titbaby115 View Post
    Cherry picking is running regular shows 1k or 2k Dale does not do that u might want to check schedules of both and Dale and Shane have sponsors that want them at some races like this weekend but again it pays 6k and then 4k at Rome far from 1k and 2k races.
    I admire your effort, but that is a lame attempt at trying to prove a point.

Call it what u want to but that is a Fact look it up and tell me different but it don't really matter they don't care what u think anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Still racing home boy... I pick and choose the best way to make and $pend. Why can't a racer?
    Yeah what he said. I agree Black F. I never understood why it matters where a guy choose to race. If he wanted to race just locally more power to him. It could help weekly racing.

Could you imagine seeing, Babb, Shirley, Erb, Pierce, Feger, Unzicker, Hackenast, Weaver, ect ect every Friday or Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I admire your effort, but that is a lame attempt at trying to prove a point.
    You do know that Moyer SR is semi-retired and also has a chassis company to run. Why does Dale get a pass and Moyer doesn't? We can compare globes if you want...I'm not trying to start $hit but I think it is a fair question to ask. How is Moyer a bum for "cherry-picking" but Dale isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by titbaby115 View Post
    Cherry picking is running regular shows 1k or 2k Dale does not do that u might want to check schedules of both and Dale and Shane have sponsors that want them at some races like this weekend but again it pays 6k and then 4k at Rome far from 1k and 2k races.
    What he said Zach51^^^^^^ exactly true!!! Thank you titbaby
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Still racing home boy... I pick and choose the best way to make and $pend. Why can't a racer?
    I understand that Blackie. And that would be true. BUT if you had a big set up as that young man would you drive it 5 hours (one way) for a chance at 2k? How are you making money?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

His choice right? Ask him. It's not for me to agree or disagree with how he runs his show. Now if he asked thats different. I didn't hear him ask tho lol. Did you?
    All I can say is that our opinions are different on this subject

The track that got this lineup every week would be a pretty dam cool place to be!
    I would bet the place would be packed every week as well.

What is a cherry picker? This isn't 1993 90% of the guys still racing super late models have the best equipment money can buy. Y'all act like he has 5 national championships and 10 globes, and is racing only local shows. When Rambo, Hickman, Owens, Davenport, Richards, Lanigan, or Don oneal get in crate car cause it's paying 5k+ to win that is cherry picking. Running a regional series super race is NOT cherry picking.

Fellas Im not say anything bad about the SN. Actually Im a lil jealous that you mid-yanks (j/k) have a racetrack in every town. And with a line up like that would be cool. But those guys can do that because those tracks are close to home fir them. But driving 5 hrs for 2k is wasting money to me. No disrespect for the SN good lil series. Tough
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 05-02-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Calling Billy Moyer a cherry picker is ridiculous ! He has won everything possible in his 30 plus years of dirt late model racing. He has nothing to prove to anyone. Racing 70+ races a year a lot of the time well into his 50's too. Best part of it is he did it all with class.

Cherry picking must be a 4m expression only. These guys race to get better, it's not like they show up on any given night and think they're going to win, yeah they know there's a chance, but sure win doesn't come easy these days. You don't sit at home and get better. For some reason some people on here don't get that. I guess they would rather see guys like Moyer or McDowell sit at home til a lucas or outlaw show comes to their area and they go out suck it up by missing the show or whatever, then come on here and wonder what has happened to them. I don't get it, do we want them to retire instead of racing every now and then?

If you can't tell if hate the expression cherry picking, to me there's no such thing. I'm glad when I see Billy Sr or Dale in the pit area. I know they're days of racing are getting smaller by the day.

Sorry there is no amateur class in Late Model racing. The good thing is your welcome to the Pro division any time you feel ready.

what i dont understand is how in the he!! did Dale Mc and Shane get drug into this, he has never claimed to be a big 6 time globe winner, nor has he ever denied picking a cherry now and then, but i will say this, back in my larry shaw/rocket days they helped me a lot with out any reason to, now i called moyer back when VC was hot and Jr. was a D!CK and wouldnt give me the time of day. His dad didnt seem to be that way back when i met him a few times, and maybe Jr. was having a bad day when i talked to him, but you know what they say about first impressions , just like Joe Garrison , I could care less and would not have even commented until my friend got drug in, carry on.......

Wasn't trying to drag "your friend" into anything. I like the way Dale and Shane race. I am FOR a driver doing what they want, when they want, and how they want. The only thing I was saying is that if you are going to call Moyer Jr the 1st a cherry picker, why don't guys like Dale catch the same flack? I am a McDowell fan, didn't mean to insinuate that they should be labeled as cherry pickers (nor should anyone), but I can see why you may have thought that. All I'm saying is if people are going to pick (pun intended) on Moyer, take the blinders off and see that there are plenty of other guys that operate their program the same way and nobody ever gives them $hit about it.

Oh btw dd45. My grandpappy and grandma lived and died not 45mins from bms. As a young boy and up till thay passed in the early 80's... I spent a lot a time down youw way. I know the tracks down there and i fished the black river for some grub. I ain't zackly a yank but dam close
    Lmao... I hear ya Black

Wasn't trying to drag "your friend" into anything. I like the way Dale and Shane race. I am FOR a driver doing what they want, when they want, and how they want. The only thing I was saying is that if you are going to call Moyer Jr the 1st a cherry picker, why don't guys like Dale catch the same flack? I am a McDowell fan, didn't mean to insinuate that they should be labeled as cherry pickers (nor should anyone), but I can see why you may have thought that. All I'm saying is if people are going to pick (pun intended) on Moyer, take the blinders off and see that there are plenty of other guys that operate their program the same way and nobody ever gives them $hit about it.
    Because Dale doesnt run any races that dont pay AT LEAST 4k. He knows its a waste of time and wear on equipment for less than 4k. THATS THE DIFFERENCE

Ok, so we are going to split hairs between 3K and 4K cherries? Dale also doesn't help the team during the week apparently, per an article Shane did. He said Dale is off in Chattanooga all week and Shane is at the shop by himself. Take that for what it's worth.

Ok, so we are going to split hairs between 3K and 4K cherries? Dale also doesn't help the team during the week apparently, per an article Shane did. He said Dale is off in Chattanooga all week and Shane is at the shop by himself. Take that for what it's worth.
    its always been that way, shane is the crew chief and probably knows a lot more about the car than dale. like i said earlier , first impressions mean a lot and moyer Jr lost me from the get go, but every one is entitled to there opinion and i know you are trying to make a point and mean no disrespect to dale. And blackie, I wish he , Jr, would come down here and try and pick some of them cherries , there is a couple local guy,s named jason hiett and tim rozell that i believe would clean his clock......

Can someone tell me were the word Cherry picker came from...

I really like grapes and the much easier to pick and you don't need a ladder.. so why ant it Grape picker.. lol