Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    Working on that. Honestly it never really occured to me that people might want that lol. I'm a news junkie and want the information now, and I'll watch highlights later.

Version 2 of website coming in next few months ... and we're attempting that.
    Sounds good - I look forward to it.

Thanks again for all that everyone at DoD does for DLM racing!

Jeff.

Thanks DoD for responding. I've been a subscriber for a long time and will continue to be. You've brought real time coverage to a sport that, without you, still wouldn't exist. I disagree with some things said, but that's life. Move on to the next race, and lets see the green flag! Cheers.

Excellent reply Rigsby!
    DoD rocks and is a website I enjoy everyday. Keep up the great work!

Well said Rigsby.....been a long time subscriber! I appreciate what your company has done for dlm racing.

Butttttt.......Any political news show can get many "experts" on a talk show to discuss politics. Even when they are on totally opposite sides of the fence. But yet, we cant get opposing views, on your live show? Not saying you haven't tried, but why want they?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I too really enjoy DOD, however I didn't exactly appreciate Michael jumping on the fans for sharing their opinions, as if all we do is cause trouble. I don't recall hearing him jump on Feger for his hot takes. For someone that "doesn't know everything", there seemed to be a lot of agreement with what Driggers did in this week's Fast talk piece. It seems like a case of "go along to get along". I like Michael, but I think what he said last night was just a tad uncalled for.
    Well if DOD doesn't lean on the side of Driggers, the big heavy hand of WRG will beat them down and ban them from all their events and sanction tracks. That would be a major blow to DOD's access to the sport.... Just my opinion on what I think would happen...

Default DoD

Thank you Rigsby and everyone at DoD. You guys do a helluva job.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    Well if DOD doesn't lean on the side of Driggers, the big heavy hand of WRG will beat them down and ban them from all their events and sanction tracks. That would be a major blow to DOD's access to the sport.... Just my opinion on what I think would happen...
    Good point.....

Hey Rigsby, I tried to quote your reply but you must have disabled that option.

Whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    exactly......DOD better off to avoid the hard stuff. Let us do the ragging on the WRG's and MARS of the racing world.

DoD right in the middle of UMP country also....

I find it ironic that the name of the website is "Dirt on Dirt" but they don't really want to report TMZ style dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    I find it ironic that the name of the website is "Dirt on Dirt" but they don't really want to report TMZ style dirt.

You subscribe you better like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Thanks for the insight DoD, good post. Since you are reading this thread now I do have one suggestion (I don't know if I'm the only person who would appreciate this). Would it be possible to create like a Spoiler-Free place to sign in and watch the highlights from the previous night? I subscribed to NHL.tv this past hockey season and they had an option for this and it was great. I like to login on Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch all the highlights from the previous night but often the homepage has a picture of one or two of last nights winners, and if it does not I still have to scroll past the recap thumbnails that usually have a picture of the race winner. Its not a huge deal but was just thinking that might be cool or helpful. Thanks, Jeff.
    +1 on this

I understand Michael and DOD position but it is too bad that promoters & series/sanction bodies cannot accept some justified criticism. There are way too many moving parts to the Izzo, Ump, Best situation for me to understand but to see what happened at Sharon Lucas race brushed off as a rough track is beyond sugarcoating. Lucas & Sharon screwed fans royally there & deserve and should understand any criticism they get.

DOD is held to much higher standards, not to mention they can call and discuss issues directly with most series, tracks, drivers etc and if they feel it news worthy they report it. (Dang good job bty) Without DOD information, live ppv races etc would not be as good as they are. I respect what Michael said in his statements and understand his company's position. In today's world many expect things now, unfortunately some things (LaSalle deal) just cant happen that quick. When its time the rest of the story will be told and available, until then it really does no one any good to speculate, or point fingers.
    It was reported many weeks ago that Sharon had added a bunch of new clay, any track that goes through a project like that deserves some patience from everyone involved, it looked like they did the best they could with all things considered.
    Praying that everyone in the flooded area's are safe, and healthy!!

Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Rigsby, Todd Turner is da man!! Love his reporting and articles. My all time favorite "Throwing cautions to the wind" from National Dirt Digest days. And anything on track intermissions. Lol. ...keep up the great work. DoD, proud to pay that bill every month.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    My favorite part, the drunk fat party girls. Lololol!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I feel the same as "Thanks, Jeff" about the videos on DoD. I always try to avoid seeing the results and go as far as to try to guess where the play button is while avoiding the screen cap of the finish. It would be great if DoD could avoid using the finish of the race for screen caps.

As for the rest of the discussion, I admire DoD for not participating in gossip or expressing an opinion on controversial issues. They give us the facts so we can debate/argue about it if we are so inclined. I think they do a great job of that. I want news. I can form my own opinion.

As for the original question, I don't like the constant complaining from people about the harm caused by negative social media. Social media is a place where any idiot can say whatever F'd up thing they like. Anyone that uses it should know that and take what they read on it accordingly.

Rigsby asked people to "think" before posting. No harm in saying that. I wish more people made that request. However the interweb is filled with trolls and flamers. When you complain about it, all you do is feed their egos by giving them the attention they crave and end up encouragimg them to do it more. Successful Troll is succesful.

Further, it makes the people that complain about the negativity either sound like wimps that can't handle the abuse or fascists trying to squelch differing opinions. Sadly it's usually the same people that use social media as a soapbox or promotional tool that complain the loudest about someone responding to them. If you're going to put yourself out there and express your opinion or if you want to say how wonderful something is, you have to expect that people that disagree are going to express their own version of the truth or worse...just be flat out a$$holes.

There are always going to be people that believe what they read online or off...regardless of the source. Although it may be extremely painful for the thin-skinned to handle when mean things are written about them, crying about it only makes it worse. Those types just have to take solace in the fact that the truth usually has a way of coming out. Stupid people will believe stupid things. Best they just get over it.
    Last edited by Snake X3; 05-09-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    My favorite part, the drunk fat party girls. Lololol!!!
    They sold out of XXL Chub Thongs.