Default West Virginia race result clippings.

Does anybody have or know of anybody that would have any race clippings from Tyler County/WVMS/ and Pennsboro Speedway? Trying to piece together a few things. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Only thing i have is the DTWC programs from 95-97 for Pennsboro. Dont know if thats any help or not

Looking for mostly local Saturday night races that most people have forgotten about. Trying to piece together an all time wins list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Mfers have way too much time on their hands nowadays
    Why are you concerned with how much time I have on my hands? You must have a lot of time on your hands, worrying about how much time others have smart guy.
    Last edited by Pennsboro23; 05-04-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Looking for physical clippings is definitely NOT the way to do this, you'll have to trust me on that. What you need to do is to go down to your local historical library or library with a genealogy department (you could start at the public library) and explain what you're trying to do. They'll probably direct you to a library that has access to digital archives of newspapers in those particular areas and in the date range you're seeking. (I checked and do not think that GenealogyBank.com will help you out, that's the service I subscribe to.) Ask questions, act dumb if you have to, the people there will be glad to see your interest and happy to help. Worst case scenario is that nothing will have been digitally scanned yet, then you're stuck with microfilm which is a pain in the wazoo. (I wonder if the 4m naughty word filter targets "wazoo"?)

(guess wazoo is safe... (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!)
    Last edited by callmez; 05-04-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by callmez View Post
    Looking for physical clippings is definitely NOT the way to do this, you'll have to trust me on that. What you need to do is to go down to your local historical library or library with a genealogy department (you could start at the public library) and explain what you're trying to do. They'll probably direct you to a library that has access to digital archives of newspapers in those particular areas and in the date range you're seeking. (I checked and do not think that GenealogyBank.com will help you out, that's the service I subscribe to.) Ask questions, act dumb if you have to, the people there will be glad to see your interest and happy to help. Worst case scenario is that nothing will have been digitally scanned yet, then you're stuck with microfilm which is a pain in the wazoo. (I wonder if the 4m naughty word filter targets "wazoo"?)

(guess wazoo is safe... (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!)
    Thank you. I was able to find 2001-2003 through one of the local newspapers archives online. Anything before this time is extinct from the internet.

Sounds like ya need a big pile of the old mid-american newspaper mags, I sure do miss those things. I'd think there would be someone out there that has a big pile of them. I got a few myself, but they're mainly about the Eldora races.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Sounds like ya need a big pile of the old mid-american newspaper mags, I sure do miss those things. I'd think there would be someone out there that has a big pile of them. I got a few myself, but they're mainly about the Eldora races.
    Yeah. I miss those things. I do have a few that I need to go through but not nearly as many as I need.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Looked forward to spending that dollar every week on a Mid American. Was a great paper.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Why are you concerned with how much time I have on my hands? You must have a lot of time on your hands, worrying about how much time others have smart guy.
    Well said...
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just because only a certain range of years is on the 'net doesn't mean more isn't available through a service you couldn't access. Go ask the experts and good luck, I hope you find everything you need!

I have a couple hundred MidAmericans from the 90s mostly, Im out of town right now though. I'll pm you when I get back in Ky