Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAS Announcer

Default SAS Announcer

I have to applaud this young man for his announcing ability, I've listened to Dewayne on many occasions and he has done a phenomenal job! The passion he has really shows while he is announcing will really sendva chill down your back. The one liners are very funny and adds to the race. I personally make sure I can attend SAS events with my family so we can hear him announce. Dewayne please keep up with great job! My grandson has played games with you at several tracks and won one at Smoky Mountain.

To each his own.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Has he asked you what (hunten em down like a dog in heat) means yet???

"My grandson has played games with you at several tracks "

Drinking games?
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    "My grandson has played games with you at several tracks "

Drinking games?
    He fills intermission times at a lot of tracks playing kids games like Simon Says with them to keep them entertained & give their parents a small break. He does a great job helping out the tracks during intermissions when he has the time to do so.

I have been around racing for over 50 years and have traveled with my family to many tracks. This post was meant for the the guy to see that people do like his style of announcing. I've heard many announcer's over the 57 years I've been on this earth, and I feel that he is great at what he do. Yes he does have a few quirks to work on like yelling it can be overwhelming at first but it works for him. I hope he reads this and continue to do a wonderful job. My grandkids ask every track we go is he going to he there and search for him if they hear his voice.

Not sure if the payroll would allow, but have they considered maybe having him as the color commentary guy and have somebody else do the play-by-play? He knows what he is talking about and seems to know a lot about the drivers in the series. Maybe if he had some help on the play-by-play he could gather thoughts and still add a lot to the call?

We need to make sure we don't run the guy off, we need folks passionate about the sport and what they do, especially when I'm sure they aren't making a fortune doing it.

It's highly unlikely that Mr. Keith is going to be " run off" by anyone commenting or comments about him on 4 m........

It's a good site, but not that good.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I know what you mean BBQ, but you are smart enough to know that news from the site gets to directed parties, and it's demoralizing to constantly be bashed.

....except for Bloomer, I don't think he cares haha
    Last edited by zach51; 05-08-2017 at 02:16 PM.

it only gets reported and directed when people bash the rocket brand.........but I know what you mean.

HA! True story! Unfortunately there ain't much to bash the rocket boys about right now!

...other than that pesky JR lying on the UMP entry blank, but we are past that...

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    HA! True story! Unfortunately there ain't much to bash the rocket boys about right now!

...other than that pesky JR lying on the UMP entry blank, but we are past that...
    Mark and them have apparently found that dog in heat dewayne talks about.........they are chasing them down this year for sure.

He's starting to get on my nerves. When you over-hype everything (like a back-marker pulling to the pits) it just sounds like a bunch of yelling. I found his style refreshing when I first heard him a couple of seasons ago, but it's getting played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Upcoming Dirt Man View Post
    I have been around racing for over 50 years and have traveled with my family to many tracks. This post was meant for the the guy to see that people do like his style of announcing. I've heard many announcer's over the 57 years I've been on this earth, and I feel that he is great at what he do. Yes he does have a few quirks to work on like yelling it can be overwhelming at first but it works for him. I hope he reads this and continue to do a wonderful job. My grandkids ask every track we go is he going to he there and search for him if they hear his voice.
    Nice new shiny name.

Opinions on track announcers are as varied as the fans that attend. What I like someone else won't and vice versa.

Couldn't agree more Kazual. Some fans want an energetic announcer, some want complete silence until victory lane. Some want music to fill down-time, some want it quiet. Its hard to know what the majority of fans want, announcer's longevity I believe is usually tied 2 things: 1) How much their service/performance is valued by their series director/promoter. 2) How they carry themselves behind the scene when it comes to series staff and track staff.

No one wants someone who's constantly fussing at the director or being a nuisance as far as behavior goes.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

I watched the race on dirtondirt.com. He was different but I liked him. I kept waiting to hear what he was gonna say next. lol. Adds a little more excitement IMO.

We should compile a list of one liners to give him to use in his call.

Something like "Clint Smith is backing up faster than Litey at the front door of a dentist office"

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    We should compile a list of one liners to give him to use in his call.

Something like "Clint Smith is backing up faster than Litey at the front door of a dentist office"
    Or maybe "it's starting to rain harder than Litey crying about yet another Bloomquist win'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Or maybe "it's starting to rain harder than Litey crying about yet another Bloomquist win'!!!
    Or, "that track is stickier than Liteys Bloomer Fatheadz."
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.