Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    What do you recommend?
    Get some rebound in the RF. While the old numbering system don't really tell you squat about a shock today, get something in the rebound range of a 10. With something in the range of a 4 rebound, the RF has to be coming completely back up at the end of the straight and so when you let off getting into the corner I'd bet the RF dives pretty hard. This in it's self will cause you consistency problems and just getting some rebound in the RF will likely get rid of a ton of your tight issues.

I'll talk to my shock guy today. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Get some rebound in the RF. While the old numbering system don't really tell you squat about a shock today, get something in the rebound range of a 10. With something in the range of a 4 rebound, the RF has to be coming completely back up at the end of the straight and so when you let off getting into the corner I'd bet the RF dives pretty hard. This in it's self will cause you consistency problems and just getting some rebound in the RF will likely get rid of a ton of your tight issues.

100% agree. Your throttle tight condition in the center is because the RF is unloading.

You need to get some low-speed rebound in the shock. Somewhere around 250lbs at 3" and 350 at 6" should be in the ball park. That'd be close to a generic 4 compression 8 rebound. Ideally, you'd get some zero point in the shock - somewhere around 100-150lbs would make a world of difference.

If you HAVE a shock guy and he supposedly advised you to run the 4 you listed you need a new shock guy.

450 each will get you some great shocks

Digging this up from the graveyard of posts.

I got some good shocks. My shock guy found me a good deal and now I'm on:
    RF: 4-8
    LF: 6-3
    RR: 4-6
    LR: 8-2

It's helped. The car doesn't push on the throttle anymore but it's not enough.
    The next week broke a pushrod.
    The next week a hole showed up in the oil pan.
    Then another hole showed up in the oil pan.
    Then the ignition switch went bad.
    The following week the Pull Bar broke and I sat out for 6 weeks fixing all that and going over everything on the car trying to shake the monkey.
    We have three weeks left now.
    Last week the car was decent. Still a little tight on entry in hotlaps.
    I moved the J Bar up on the pinion to 3.5 rake. That makes the straight part of the Jbar level.
    The car was much better in hotlaps. Still a little snug on entry but turned well on the throttle and forward bite was good when pointed in the right direction.
    Just trying something I put 4lbs of air in the RF and 4lbs in the LR to loosen entry more.
    Car was okay but not great. Entry was a bit freer but still needed a little brake on entry but it still rotated well on the throttle and forward bite was good.
    We left it alone for the feature hoping the track would come to me but it didn't. Car was free enough on entry but lacked side bite in the middle. Forward bite was good once pointed straight but the lack of side bite in the middle was frustrating. When I could get the LF up on the inside burm the RR would stick better but someone hit the tire and I couldn't do that for the last half of the race. We finished 10th but I want more.
    Someone tell me what to do here.
    More RF spring?
    More LRB?
    More Jbar angle in the slick?
    All three?

Sincerely frustrated.....

I would switch to 200# springs across the back. Raise the lr ride height 1/2 inch.