Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fords

Some drivers have complained about drivability issues with the Roush Fords. Makes me wonder about Bloomers switch!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

What sort of language is that CnB, any way your right about that swap Dirt fan, had a chance to get one a while back but dont want all that chevy sh!t on my ride....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    What sort of language is that CnB, any way your right about that swap Dirt fan, had a chance to get one a while back but dont want all that chevy sh!t on my ride....LOL
    Come on now, that dumb little ghetto brat and her white trash mom cashed in on their 15 minutes of fame. From Dr. Phil
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Everything looks better with a ...BOWTIE... on it!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

There isn't a super late model engine out there that is anything close to an OEM Ford or Chevy block. All this debate is pretty silly.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Some drivers have complained about drivability issues with the Roush Fords. Makes me wonder about Bloomers switch!
    I'm guessing Richards last year and Sheppard this year aren't two of those complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    My understanding was that there was nothing better on slick than a Durham Ford.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    There isn't a super late model engine out there that is anything close to an OEM Ford or Chevy block. All this debate is pretty silly.
    No, but it would be nice to put both on a dyno, and see the difference....if any!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Default wow

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfan04 View Post
    Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.
    I did not know that info on the RY45.
    great info. thank you.
    That would definitely make it a lot easier to swap between the two makes.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

A RY45 is just a Chevrolet clone in sheep's clothing. Some of you are forgetting Yates' original employer, well before Roush, and the make of cars that were involved in his development work.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I did not know that info on the RY45.
    great info. thank you.
    That would definitely make it a lot easier to swap between the two makes.
    Good info from you both. I did not know all of that. Good discussion that builds brain cells for once instead of everyone just bashing each other.

Thanks!

wander what (if any) differences there are in weights of the RY45 and GM
    guess that depends also if it is a wide bore motor or a standard style block.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Shuuuuuuuuuuuuush, you have to know some pepsi or RC cans where destine by a higher power to become blue oval or bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Come on now, that dumb little ghetto brat and her white trash mom cashed in on their 15 minutes of fame. From Dr. Phil
    never watched DR phil , BUT I had rather have a sister working in a wh0re house than run a chevy, LOL , Wait, i work on a lot of that junk and some of my customers might be on here and figure out who i am,

There outta be plenty of broken down fords that you need not ever touch a chevy and could still be a millionaire in a weekend!

they all copied the 351 Cleveland cylinder head, chevy never produced a canted valve small block and toyoter never even built a push rod V8, nascrap said if thats the only way you guys can compete, then just copy them. There nothing stock about nascar stock car racing no more. Dont belive it, just ask ernie elliott about it, they wouldnt even look at his head he submitted after what he and awesome did to them, so they chose a tone the fords down and went with the weaker yates head.....

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    There outta be plenty of broken down fords that you need not ever touch a chevy and could still be a millionaire in a weekend!
    as many chevys as i work on, if you took them out of the equation , i would be broke in a week

as many chevys as i work on, if you took them out of the equation , i would be broke in a week
    LOL I was just razzin' ya. Don't doubt that for a second. It is all a bunch of mechanical parts.

I met a guy a few years ago that was Matco tool vendor and I said jokingly "I bet you hate Snap On huh?" and he was like, "Man I don't care what the tool says, if I can make money on it I'll sell it"

i know, it,s cool, man I am in the heart of chevy country, i have this argument almost daily so i am use to it, I must say i enjoy it though and learned a long time ago not to let it get to me.....

yeah I honestly don't think one is any better than the other, it just gives us something to harass our friends about lol