Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fords

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Sorry to hear jump. you should have bought a Ford
    I think you misread post #25. Get ur dam glasses outa ur azz!!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Let ignorance be your guide. Boy??? You ever see a boy put a condom on with a tire tool??
    No, but I heard Jumper can put one on with his mouth!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

[QUOTE=SLIDING SIDEWAYS;2103444]Back in the day all there were was queers so we just ran to meet them in the woods!

That's just too much personal info there!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Yes and you missed my fries I

Did you just give me an order? Hahahahaha
    Better watch it..... litey watching you!!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    JustAddDirt isn't no dummy, if you knew who he was, you wouldn't question him. Brian Shirley runs a Durham Chevy, so it's not rare to see a Durham Chevy engine.
    Yep. If he say's it was a Chevy, it was a Chevy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What if he told you to jump off a cliff?
    Lol. I'd have to pass. But when it comes to racing, he's pretty smart.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well, when it comes to racing aren't we all? You won't find more racing experts anywhere as you will right here!
    Got me there man lol.

Maybe one car is setup for a Chevy and another is set up for a Ford? I dunno. He is quite the innovator so you never know. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    So he changed the motor mounts on his car just to put a Chevrolet in it? Doesn't sound right
    Its just a midplate.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yeah all you have to do is have a different motor plate, the bolt points on the chassis for the plate will be the same, so no extra work involved for the most part. I'm not sure about the transmission, you should be able to use the same just have a different bell-housing.

..and I'm REALLY not sure about wiring. I would imagine you'd have to do something different on the ignition box because the distributor would be different but I hate wiring, not my thing.
    Last edited by zach51; 05-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Very easy to have a wire harness extension to make up for the distributor placement. Very easy to switch trans/ bellhousing combo out with oil system for each make. Radiator too. All virtually the same stuff, doing the same thing.
    It's Scott bloomquist for goodness sake. There is so much he has done 5 years ago that is just now becoming status quo.
    Sorry to cause such a stir about blue oval or bow-tie brand. Just reporting what I saw.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Thank for your info. Sounds like you know what you're talking about .
    Agree......go Bloomers, with your new Cheby! You finally wised up!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Next time they'll find jog49's yugo motor in it and he'll still be winning
    He will win more w a non ford motor

[QUOTE=SLIDING SIDEWAYS;2103593]........JD will win more w a non ford moto

JD/Yugo......winning combination, right there! Maybe too much power, though!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Here ya go making statements that make you the laughing stock of this forum. Lol, you shuold stop doing that jumpy. Haven't you leaned by now, or do you uncontrollable say dumb things?
    To answer your question it would be the latter of your post. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Very easy to have a wire harness extension to make up for the distributor placement. Very easy to switch trans/ bellhousing combo out with oil system for each make. Radiator too. All virtually the same stuff, doing the same thing.
    It's Scott bloomquist for goodness sake. There is so much he has done 5 years ago that is just now becoming status quo.
    Sorry to cause such a stir about blue oval or bow-tie brand. Just reporting what I saw.
    Well said man, as usual, good post.

Get in there and fix us supper!! chop chop!!
    Im done and gone bye

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Yeah all you have to do is have a different motor plate, the bolt points on the chassis for the plate will be the same, so no extra work involved for the most part. I'm not sure about the transmission, you should be able to use the same just have a different bell-housing.

..and I'm REALLY not sure about wiring. I would imagine you'd have to do something different on the ignition box because the distributor would be different but I hate wiring, not my thing.
    Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfan04 View Post
    Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.
    Howbouhdat, cashmeousside.