FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2017

Dale McDowell Rumbles to Rome Cash with the ULTIMATE Series

Welcome, North Carolina (05/08/17) – Bouncing back from a near-miss on Saturday night, Dale McDowell powered the Shane McDowell Racing #17m Will Kinzer Foundation/ Sweet-Bloomquist Chassis Super Late Model to a $4,000 win on Sunday evening at Rome Speedway. It was his second win of 2017.

After Mother Nature erased Friday night’s program, Shane McDowell Racing returned to Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) on Saturday night with Dale McDowell behind the wheel of the team’s #17m. In a field of 32 cars for the Southern All Star Series sanctioned contest, McDowell registered the fastest time overall in qualifying, earning him the 2nd-starting spot for the $4,000-to-win A-Main. After leading the first half of the race, McDowell slipped back to the 2nd position late after trying to avoid lap-traffic. Hanging on to a podium spot, Dale landed a 2nd-place finish behind Brandon Overton with Dallas Cooper, Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), and Todd Morrow rounding out the Top 5.

On Sunday McDowell headed to Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia). With 27 Super Late Models on hand for the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series sanctioned program, McDowell timed in second fastest in his group behind Jason Welshan. His qualifying effort earning him the 4th-starting spot for the A-Main. Working his way into the 2nd position early, Dale paced his way through the race battling with Brandon Overton for the top spot.

Using lap traffic to his advantage late in the race, McDowell overtook Overton in the final two laps to pick up his second victory of the season. Overton, Donald McIntosh, Jonathan Davenport, and Michael Page completed the Top 5. Dale was awarded a $4,000 payday for his triumph in the 40-lap A-Main.

Full results from these events are available at www.SASDirt.com and www.ULTIMATESupers.com .

"It's ironic, on Saturday night I messed up in lapped traffic and got passed by Brandon and on Saturday night he kinda got hung up in lapped traffic and I got by him. So this world is really round I guess. It comes back around," said McDowell. "Actually the groove moved around. I stayed on the bottom too long early and the top got going so I moved up and then the bottom got going there at the end and I was able to make a few passes there, so it was a good night for us."

The upcoming weekend will find Dale McDowell tangling with the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series in a pair of $10,000-to-win events in Tennessee. Action opens on Friday evening at Duck River Raceway Park (Wheel, Tennessee) before shifting to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee). For more details on the events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including Textron Off Road, Kinzer Drilling, Quality Natural Gas, New Era Industrial, Boyd’s Speedway, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Will Kinzer Foundation, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, ECR Engines-Chevrolet, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Penske Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, TWM, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, FSR Racing Products, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, GW Performance, Mark IV ATV's, Racing Optics, Winters Rearends, QuarterMaster, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com .