Default Pure stock motor.

I have a mild built 9 to 1 compression pure stock motor. It turns 6600 most nights. How long can I run it before a rebuild? I am wondering if it is time to re ring and bearing it. Should I replace the hyper Pistons as well? I run 6 lap heats and 15 lap features. The track is a fast banked 1/3 mile. RPM's rarely go below 5,000.

if every thing is in good shape, no more than your running it it should last a long time. I have never really kept up with laps, I monitor oil pressure, compression and cut my oil filter open every time i change and look for particals.

Most people try not to exceed 40 nights between freshen ups.

most people use that as a standard because they dont really know how to monitor there engine. You can buy a tool pretty cheap to cut your oil filter open . It uses a roller type cutter to cut it open with out getting any metal from the filter in it. oil pressure idling when hot is another sign, but if you dont want to do all this, then the 40 night deal is probably your best bet.

Ok thanks for the info. The motor has over 60 nites on it. I always cut open the filter and see nothing. There has always been a few pieces of metal on the magnetic drain plug. Oil pressure at idle after race has been consistent for a few years now. The compression is still high and even. I need to do a lesk down on it.

Some people like to catch the problems early and save money in the long run since you can't always see what's going on by checking the oil filter. Checking the crank for cracks would be just one example. Without checking things over, I suppose a person can figure out what was bad when it breaks.

when most people freshen up these low budget pure stock engines, i found they rarely check the cranks for cracks, most engines i have dealt with that had cracked a crank would put a lot of debris in the filter . Me personaly , I check every crank on every engine i freshen.

I will check the crank when I freshen it up.