Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dirtcar Summernationals drivers?

Whos planning on running the whole series?

Bobby Pierce
    Gordy Gundaker

I miss having some of the national tour guys on the summernats fulltime. Sheppard, Shirley, Erb, Heckenast

Another thing UMP has gone completely out of control with. Go back to 20 races in 21 days with sensible travel and you would get more drivers following it.

Not a pierce fan by any means but might as well give him the check and title. Jmo

Too much zig zagging from track to track.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Another thing UMP has gone completely out of control with. Go back to 20 races in 21 days with sensible travel and you would get more drivers following it.
    The original Summernationals was like 12 races in 15 days or something. It got super bloated over the years. They need to get back to 12-15 races or so and they'll get the followers for the full deal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The original Summernationals was like 12 races in 15 days or something. It got super bloated over the years. They need to get back to 12-15 races or so and they'll get the followers for the full deal.
    Agreed. That's just too much for most people, especially when the touring guys have their series. I mean, who can go to their employer and be like, umm yeah, I'm going to be taking off like a months worth of work in the middle of the summer. Good luck with that one.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I agree with ptown. Guess I understand the strategy though. Many fans can't do consecutive nights, but they can do a race this week, and maybe catch them at another area track (if they come back through) the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Agreed. That's just too much for most people, especially when the touring guys have their series. I mean, who can go to their employer and be like, umm yeah, I'm going to be taking off like a months worth of work in the middle of the summer. Good luck with that one.
    That's why they need to get tracks close coordinated like before. Tuesday LaSalle, Wednesday Spoon River, Thursday Macon, Friday Farmer City, Saturday Fairbury etc. Then a local driver could ask for a week off and make it to at least those tracks.

Running them all in a line like that depletes the fans in that area. Most fans can't afford to hit them all in one week, but can hit them all over a 3 week period. Catch 22 in my opinion.

I live in the middle of those mentioned tracks and I would have 125 at the gate, 80 plus dollars in gas, and have my longest drives home during the week. Add in food and what not, your around 300 dollars with no drinks. For those that partake.......500 dollar week easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    That's why they need to get tracks close coordinated like before. Tuesday LaSalle, Wednesday Spoon River, Thursday Macon, Friday Farmer City, Saturday Fairbury etc. Then a local driver could ask for a week off and make it to at least those tracks.
    Have you looked at the schedule this year? They cut out a ton of miles and made each week more regional.

I'd love to see it pay more than $15,000 to win the title.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I can think of 6 guys that have run the tour that are now traveling with a touring series. Some Hell Tour competitors have moved up the ranks to the big time. That is one thing that has hurt the count.
    Then you have guys like Babb and Feger who don't plan on running the whole tour until one goes on a hot streak and is at the top in points. That sometimes changes things.
    This seems to be the topic of discussion every year. Funny thing is, the tour goes on year after year. I attend 10-12 shows every year and the shows I see seem to be doing fine. Think what you want. The racers thrive for the opportunity to race this many times in a short period for a lot more money than they can race for at their local tracks. Nobody is forced to race, but the cars still show up. That tells ya something there.
    8/13/16

UMP hurts themselves starting Wed at Brownstown just 4 days after Dream. most guys dont have crew or $$$ to do 3 days at Eldora and start again in 4 days. IMO start and finish in Illinois best chance to have the most cars throughout the series. Oakshade gets lots of cars, but they will without SN too for bday race

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    http://www.thehelltour.com/history

I suggest go back to around 1998/99 and tweak that schedule and you'd have guys do the whole thing.

Purses suck and point fund even worse. It's a very watered down version of what it once was. But I'll still be in the stands at Farley.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    I live in the middle of those mentioned tracks and I would have 125 at the gate, 80 plus dollars in gas, and have my longest drives home during the week. Add in food and what not, your around 300 dollars with no drinks. For those that partake.......500 dollar week easy.
    If they would charge 12$ general admission like oakshade would more fans go?
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Just my opinion, but I think it is reckless to assume that anything with WRG attached to it is really worried about what would be best for the "fans", based on past history.