Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DirtOnDirt.com Article on the FANSFund

Thank you to the DirtOnDirt.com team for the FANSFund article posted in the DirtWire section of the www.dirtondirt.com website! If you are a member you can access the article directly through this link: https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php

Tom Emerson, FANSFund Coordinator, www.fansfund.com
    Last edited by TomEmerson; 05-09-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Yes! Donate early and often. Clint Bowyer's car of Hudson O'Neal needs your money! Peak just isnt cutting it for the kid!

Dont forget about that other guy who has made the most money in the last 3 years too, that Davenport guy. He needs your hard earned cash too!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Yes! Donate early and often. Clint Bowyer's car of Hudson O'Neal needs your money! Peak just isnt cutting it for the kid!

Dont forget about that other guy who has made the most money in the last 3 years too, that Davenport guy. He needs your hard earned cash too!
    I think the purpose of this thing is to help teams make the decision to come not necessarily to help them afford it but to help them make a better business decision, to make it worth their while (gas money) So a group of fans pools money together to make that happen. I see it as a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    I think the purpose of this thing is to help teams make the decision to come not necessarily to help them afford it but to help them make a better business decision, to make it worth their while (gas money) So a group of fans pools money together to make that happen. I see it as a good thing.
    I would love to make the 10 hour drive too, are you going to pool your money for my gas, motel and loss of wages?

Come on people, those guys have alot of money behind them. I get the concept but to give it to big budget teams just seems so stupid to me!

Last I heard Clint Boyer did not own the 71 of Hudson Oneal.

I read the piece on DOD, twice, and I hope I missed something, but if not, what a crock of malarky. Fans are supposed to give money so these guys can compete? What is in it for the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    What is in it for the fans?
    if memory serves, a tshirt , a lunch , admission to an auction of racing memorabilia
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
    Last I heard Clint Boyer did not own the 71 of Hudson Oneal.
    He doesn't, but the guy who does probably has about as much money.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    if memory serves, a tshirt , a lunch , admission to an auction of racing memorabilia
    LOL, ok. Good info. Thanks,

It'd be awesome to see tyler carpenter go to that
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I would love to make the 10 hour drive too, are you going to pool your money for my gas, motel and loss of wages?

Come on people, those guys have alot of money behind them. I get the concept but to give it to big budget teams just seems so stupid to me!
    No I wouldn't pool money for you because you're not bringing a car to race and you're not running a business. I don't think you really get the concept dude

No I wouldn't pool money for you because you're not bringing a car to race and you're not running a business. I don't think you really get the concept dude
    I like the concept but I'd also like to see them race more laps.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I like the concept but I'd also like to see them race more laps.
    The concept to me is to pay your admission at the gate and watch the drivers that show up race. Come on, Hudson O'neal and Davenport do not need gas money to get to the track. You make it sound like racers are hurting. If they can wheel down the road in toter-homes, they got the $2.50/gallon to fuel er up. These racers have to be laughing the back of their mind that people are willing to hand them money just so they show up? Oh but wait, they get a hot dog and a 5 dollar tshirt out of it so that makes it ok! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I goto the USA Nationals every year, live 2 hours from CLS, and follow the FansFund voting. For anyone who wants to criticize some drivers who get voted into the Fansfund who you feel do not need the money, let me educate you.
    Every year.....there are numerous drivers who get voted in, both travelers and regional racers from the entire gamete of financial resources, that end up backing out. 1 would think it would be easy to get 12 up-and-coming drivers to agree to participate, but it's not. It is usually a mix of both travelers and up-and-comers, typically 50-50 or 60-40.

Deep breathes people, the Fansfund is a good thing and there are still a good group of drivers that get to participate in an event that they normally wouldn't be able to goto without this deal.

The concept to me is to pay your admission at the gate and watch the drivers that show up race. Come on, Hudson O'neal and Davenport do not need gas money to get to the track. You make it sound like racers are hurting. If they can wheel down the road in toter-homes, they got the $2.50/gallon to fuel er up. These racers have to be laughing the back of their mind that people are willing to hand them money just so they show up? Oh but wait, they get a hot dog and a 5 dollar tshirt out of it so that makes it ok! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
    There are some guys I've seen voted in that are some head scratchers, I'll give you that. I think they've voted in guys before who already had it on their schedule and guys who already even run the woo tour which is stupid but clearly the reason this thing exists for the rich team owner of a popular driver that is not going to this race because he doesn't want to spend the $2K it costs to get there because he runs a business that has to make adult decisions that will help make sure his business can stay in operation. If someone offers to cover their travel expenses then it's almost a no brainer to make the trip and enter the race... hence the fans get to see a guy come race who otherwise wouldn't have come. Has more to do with the business side of racing, the part you obviously have no clue about.

There are some guys I've seen voted in that are some head scratchers, I'll give you that. I think they've voted in guys before who already had it on their schedule and guys who already even run the woo tour which is stupid but clearly the reason this thing exists for the rich team owner of a popular driver that is not going to this race because he doesn't want to spend the $2K it costs to get there because he runs a business that has to make adult decisions that will help make sure his business can stay in operation. If someone offers to cover their travel expenses then it's almost a no brainer to make the trip and enter the race... hence the fans get to see a guy come race who otherwise wouldn't have come. Has more to do with the business side of racing, the part you obviously have no clue about.
    I think he understands perfectly. He believes that when a team has already invested hundreds of thousands of dollars, will put $1k worth of wear on their engine, spend $1k for tires for the weekend, they can foot the bill for gas if they wish to go. Its his opinion. And I think pretty valid
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think he understands perfectly. He believes that when a team has already invested hundreds of thousands of dollars, will put $1k worth of wear on their engine, spend $1k for tires for the weekend, they can foot the bill for gas if they wish to go. Its his opinion. And I think pretty valid
    That's fine he has his opinion but he sure as sh!t don't understand how to run a business and has no logic. Understands perfectly? Haha. What you smokin man?

The guy selling tickets for this deal at cedar lake last week told me that this is the last year they plan on doing this

That's fine he has his opinion but he sure as sh!t don't understand how to run a business and has no logic. Understands perfectly? Haha. What you smokin man?
    SLM is not a business. Almost everyone loses money. Its a bunch of sugar daddies wanting to see their cars win races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

We live in America, where you are free to make choices with our money. If you don't want to give, that is fine, but you are dead wrong if you think these teams are swimming in money.

PS-This dirty white boy character is negative 24-7 and was booted off the stlracing forum.