Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: As A Human....

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    same ole same ole......a great car can make a good driver...great......but a great driver cant make a good car....great!

Bloomer can ...... just ask a few
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    When has he had to? Build a car with parts no one else can get, it helps. Ask Davenport.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He definitely can make a good car ....better!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

He definitely can make a good car ....better!
    Yup thats for sure!

Barry Wright race cars as a whole has their work cut out for them. Been behind the curve since O'Neal won the LODLMS. I just don't see Davenports season turning around in the BW chassis.

He can always put his own team together and run what ever he wants to, Bloomer does it and very well I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I'm sure he will be fine, but you don't seem to be able to comprehend my take here. He went from relative zero, to full on hero, to relative zero again within 24-28 months. His only win this year is in a darn crate car. I like JD, I pull for him. But I am just being real.
    I comprehend what your saying. Its you thats missing it. Before Rumley the man was one of the best regional drivers around in the south just like Madden. Then he got his shot and ran with it. Now hes 'starting over' sorta speak.... you gota be able to crawl before you can run. They gota new chassis (design). Itll take time.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Yup thats for sure!
    Bout time you admit it. JUMPER
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Bloomer can ....
    You got that skippy straight..

same ole same ole......a great car can make a good driver...great......but a great driver cant make a good car....great!
    I cant believe you said that... WOW

Anybody ever think that ALL good drivers need a good crew chief. Rumley's and JD were a good combo. As times go by this season maybe will see just what Rumley meant to JD. Currently he is not running as well as last year. Car ? Who knows, yes it's something new. Power, not what he had last year. Crew, you need time to blend, that depends on 1 thing patience. If driver and crew cannot communicate all parties are just spinning out of control and mite as well move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When has he had to? Build a car with parts no one else can get, it helps. Ask Davenport.
    What parts does he have no one else can get?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'm kinda in the middle on this one. The device 110% helped him out, and him gloating when it was taken away and he still was winning early on, well, he ate them words.

In saying that, I think he is very talented. I don't know the correct answer to his current situation, other than to give him and Barry more time. He was far as I know offered the 116 car, but didn't take it. Man, I think that's a fine a$$ ride, but it's a persons decision to do what they feel is best for them, so he did what he felt was right. I know him and Barry are really tight, so is what it is.

The chemistry him and Kevin had, is very rare. But, once they started losing, poof. It was gone. But when they had it, they were magic.

I wish him the best, and I agree with Zach, it does have to wear on you. But I think just give it time. He'll find his spark again with either Barry or someone else. He is likable and talented and pretty young still.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What parts does he have no one else can get?
    Actually, quite a few. He always does. People are willing to develop things for him and let him try new stuff first.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Barry Wright race cars as a whole has their work cut out for them. Been behind the curve since O'Neal won the LODLMS. I just don't see Davenports season turning around in the BW chassis.

There trying but I think you are exactly right. But all it takes is to hit on something and it will turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Actually, quite a few. He always does. People are willing to develop things for him and let him try new stuff first.
    In saying it that way, gotcha. Because of his experience, analytical way of looking at things, his consistency of running pretty good, and it's Bloomquist, I see why. People wanna sell their stuff, and on 4m he's the devil, but in the business world, he's $$$$$.

Any parts you can think of off the top of your head? Maybe the weighted axles at first, or them shocks.

I've been on a 30 year slump and no one has noticed....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    JD was a flash in the pan.
    JD is no flash in the pan, even the season with CBR was enviable to a lot of racers. To those from the same area as JD, we knew he would be a force with the right equipment. This is not to say he is bad equipment now, he is where he chose to go, he no longer desired to chase a national series. I realize at present that he and Barry are not as fast as they want to be. Understand he's racing how he wants to, he's helping develop a new design car. Why is it people expect a new design to instantly be dominant? Some ideas don't work right out of the box, but I see them improving. It would be a mistake to compare for instance the debut of the XR1 to what Barry and JD are doing. The XR1 had the advantage of 2 years development on the national scene by Longhorn, Rumley, JD, Moyer and many others before it ever saw the track. Barry and JD are 1 car starting from scratch. So JD may not be dominating on the tour but he's far from bumming or some flash in the pan, here today gone tomorrow racer. He chose where he is and what he is doing.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

So if you put Bloomer or Richards in a sub par car are they just average Joes? By that theory everyone is only as good as the car they are in? Silly..Davenport is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good driver..

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    So if you put Bloomer or Richards in a sub par car are they just average Joes? By that theory everyone is only as good as the car they are in? Silly..Davenport is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good driver..
    Yes, they would be average. The driver isn't a huge piece of the puzzle. A top notch guy vs a capable guy is about 2 or 3 tenths. And can be less if the track condition is one where the capable guy does well.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-11-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1