Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As A Human....

Default As A Human....

I kind of feel bad for Davenport. To go from so high to so low, so fast. I'm not talking monetarily, but the mental aspect has to mess with you. Go from nothing one year to the top of the world (pun intended) the next, then back to running in the weeds at regional races. That has to be hard on a fella right?

Who else has gone so high then so low so fast? Granted, it isn't like he is bumming on the street. He has a nice ride and still running decent but man. It was like a dream (pun intended) that has turned into a nightmare.

Better then being a cherry picking loser always and forever i suppose, right.

Feger has slipped some from his high point, and Weaver has several times in his career. It is a natural thing. Coming back more than once is the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I kind of feel bad for Davenport. To go from so high to so low, so fast. I'm not talking monetarily, but the mental aspect has to mess with you. Go from nothing one year to the top of the world (pun intended) the next, then back to running in the weeds at regional races. That has to be hard on a fella right?

Who else has gone so high then so low so fast? Granted, it isn't like he is bumming on the street. He has a nice ride and still running decent but man. It was like a dream (pun intended) that has turned into a nightmare.

You just opened a can of maggots w SOME SELECTED bloomer fans!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Who really comes to mind for me is Trevor Bayne. Win the Daytona 500 and is yet no where to be seen

I don't agree with the came from nothing statement at all. I would think his only regret would be passing on the 116.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Jimmy Owens, Earl Pearson, and Jimmy Mars
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Jimmy Owens, Earl Pearson, and Jimmy Mars
    That didn't happen near as fast though. Nor were any of those guys as dominant. JD was a flash in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't agree with the came from nothing statement at all. I would think his only regret would be passing on the 116.
    Fair. Let me rephrase. Until he hooked up with Rumley, he was a regular Joe on the circuit.

Rumor has it JD was never offered that ride???
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I kind of feel bad for Davenport. To go from so high to so low, so fast. I'm not talking monetarily, but the mental aspect has to mess with you. Go from nothing one year to the top of the world (pun intended) the next, then back to running in the weeds at regional races. That has to be hard on a fella right?Who else has gone so high then so low so fast? Granted, it isn't like he is bumming on the street. He has a nice ride and still running decent but man. It was like a dream (pun intended) that has turned into a nightmare.
    Dam you act like he has retired. Hes in a new chassis. Gota work the bugs out. Itll be ok. Hes a dam good regional driver that had things go his way. Just got to work things out
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 05-10-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Rumor has it JD was never offered that ride???
    There are plenty of reported stories that say otherwise.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Simply put......when has there been such a downfall caused by a $20 piece of metal, cut in half???
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Fair. Let me rephrase. Until he hooked up with Rumley, he was a regular Joe on the circuit.
    Last year, so was Overton. But both guys are among the best talents I have ever seen.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Dam you act like he has retired. Hes in a new chassis. Gota work the bugs out. Itll be ok
    I'm sure he will be fine, but you don't seem to be able to comprehend my take here. He went from relative zero, to full on hero, to relative zero again within 24-28 months. His only win this year is in a darn crate car. I like JD, I pull for him. But I am just being real.

Last year, so was Overton. But both guys are among the best talents I have ever seen.
    And Overton may fall just as quick, though I like him too and hope him the best. Overton isn't going to do what JD did though...

And Overton may fall just as quick, though I like him too and hope him the best. Overton isn't going to do what JD did though...
    He would have had about the same results in that 2015 6 car. So, you never know...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Pretty common for a relatively unknown to win that race and go back to being unknown.
    The most substantial post I have ever seen from your troll a$$. Those plate races are not real races. Chumps win them fairly regularly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He would have had about the same results in that 2015 6 car. So, you never know...
    He might have then in the 6 car, but he won't now. They aren't running all of the races, which isn't Overton's fault. He is darn good and that is a clean ride.

I am a JD fan, but I'll be the first to admit that I put no stock into the "device" helping him win, but I can't sit here now and say maybe there wasn't something to that. Which is a shame, but it is what it is.

same ole same ole......a great car can make a good driver...great......but a great driver cant make a good car....great!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!