Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That dirt unlimited site has always been garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    By the looks of the crowds at Gaffney and Fayetteville even with weather threatening I think they will be around for quite awhile. Both of those places had big crowds.
    Your always going to have big crowds when WoO or LOLMS visits tracks that they don't frequent often or have never been to. WoO was at Cherokee for the first time and I think Fayetteville for the first time in 4 yrs.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 05-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.

You make more and more rules and this is what you get . Today Lucas is on top, they have the TV deal , I have been to both sanctioned races this year. The WoO show seemed to be run by a group of individuals who had no clue what was going on. The way a sprint car show and a SLM show are run is disappointing. The WRG isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Your always going to have big crowds when WoO or LOLMS visits tracks that they don't frequent often or have never been to. WoO was at Cherokee for the first time and I think Fayetteville for the first time in 4 yrs.

Lucas oil has races at both of these tracks this yr also. It will be sro again!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Where the hell is the story?! Not even a good summary

Pretty lame story, I do believe the LOLMDS series is ahead with Lucas Oil Racing TV package.

I have been a loyal supporter of the Summer Nationals for years. I had planned on going to seven this year. After screwing LaSalle over the total is ),zip, notta.

Quote Originally Posted by old dirt 77 View Post
    I have been a loyal supporter of the Summer Nationals for years. I had planned on going to seven this year. After screwing LaSalle over the total is ),zip, notta.
    Sorry LaSalle and Izzo screwed thmeselves, he was told to not let them run and he ignored them. I'll be attending the Summernats same as I have for the last 20 or years and I will be making my first trip back to Peoria in 15 years.

Ptown I agree

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Good article on the Dirt Unlimited website.
    Link - http://www.dirtunlimited.com/2017/05...aw-late-models
    I vote "NO" for a merger. We need more diversity at the top, not more centralized control. WRG mad rush to grab control of ALL dirt racing is the issue, they are "Power Mad" and desire to be the Nascar of dirt, which would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    HA. Ha. ha.
    And laugh some MORRISSSS!!!!

That really wasnt a story, pretty lame. Both series have their issues and i dont think either is going anywhere. Some shows are good and some bad, what you see is based more on track prep then the series. I think two series is good for the sport. Woo and ump had no choice but to enforce their rules, obviously eldora has a big say in ump decisions as well. Looked to me like wrg hands were tied in a lot of these rule decisions.

I think the link was more of an anti-WoO opinion piece than a news article.

I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own.

This article was written, poorly I might add, with the headline about negative story lines continuing, and then provides no new negative story lines. Just sounds like a kid with an grudge against WoO to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    I vote "NO" for a merger. We need more diversity at the top, not more centralized control. WRG mad rush to grab control of ALL dirt racing is the issue, they are "Power Mad" and desire to be the Nascar of dirt, which would suck.
    I miss the days it was really an outlaw sport. This NASCAR wannabe stuff is for the birds.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I miss the days it was really an outlaw sport. This NASCAR wannabe stuff is for the birds.
    Miss the days when you had no idea who might come thru the gate and almost no way to find out.

"I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own."

Funny but the redraw is exactly why I prefer the WoO's. To each their own i guess. That is what makes the sport great. Something for everyone.

Is the plan still to run lasalle 16, 17 unsanctioned against the summer nationals? Been quiet for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I think the link was more of an anti-WoO opinion piece than a news article.

I certainly hope WoO remains profitable and hangs around for a long time. The sport needs two national series. I prefer Lucas to WoO because they don't have redraws, but to each their own.
    I'd like to see zero national series. Just lots of decent-to-big paying races so that you never know who is going where. More exciting that way. In that regard I'm one of the "miss the good old days" people.

He left out the part about the collusion between Hoosier and WRG!