Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hard rock candy View Post
    He left out the part about the collusion between Hoosier and WRG!
    Don't get me wrong, I hate the Hoosier monopoly as much as anybody but how is it any different than Lucas and their Hoosier collusion? At least WoO lets you race American Racer once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard rock candy View Post
    He left out the part about the collusion between Hoosier and WRG!
    Huh? The WoO LMs tend to allow ARs at a bunch of their races. They also kicked Hooiser to the curb for the sprint cars a few years back and went with Goodyears. It's not like that anymore, but still, they went in a different direction when Goodyear offered the better deal.

To them, they'll run whoever the highest bidder for the tire deals are. If AR wants a piece of that pie, they gotta submit better bids.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

WRG could step up to the plate and say here's what we want in a tire. Give the tire makers sizing , compounds, groove patterns and most importantly price. If all 3 tire manufacturers are priced the same it would give, most importantly, the owners and drivers a choice. It would change the playing field and I believe Lucas would follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    WRG could step up to the plate and say here's what we want in a tire. Give the tire makers sizing , compounds, groove patterns and most importantly price. If all 3 tire manufacturers are priced the same it would give, most importantly, the owners and drivers a choice. It would change the playing field and I believe Lucas would follow suit.
    The racing business doesn't work that way, and it's not going to work that way any time soon.

Besides, the WoO late models do allow AR tires at a majority of their races, especially at places where the locals are on ARs. They go Hoosier only at UMP tracks, because at those places they go with the UMP rule, because, again, that's what the locals have.

The Lucas series is Hoosier exclusive.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 05-17-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    My vote would be a "Fully" open tire rule, Groove, sipe and whatever RR only, race the tires you heat raced on. Any brand, any compound, any combination. Singular compounds or specified combinations lead to single groove limited passing affairs. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    My vote would be a "Fully" open tire rule, Groove, sipe and whatever RR only, race the tires you heat raced on. Any brand, any compound, any combination. Singular compounds or specified combinations lead to single groove limited passing affairs. JMO
    Agreed. My point on the collusion is that UMP does not put the tire deal up for bid each year or any year. It's increases the cost to the racers and makes Hoosier and the WRG owners rich!

A couple of other people have already said WRG lets you run American Racer at some of the tracks.