Default Ford Engine in GM Metric chassis

Looking for some info on what has to be done to put a 351w Ford engine into a GM metric chassis in an IMCA stock car.

put a rear sump pan on it, build you some side mounts and use a ford mid plate , speedway sells a header kit you weld up yourself that is very inexpensive , they also have the oil pan. we ran one in a imca open wheel years ago that had a chevelle clip with good success, but we had a lot of engine set back, bear in mind the 351 is heavier than a 350 chevy and you have no set back.

How much heavier will the 351 be than a 350 I've got factory heads on my 351 which are lighter than the Chevy EQs so that should make up a little bit of difference.

the weight is in the block and crank, about 50 lbs, what heads are on your 351?

I didn't think there was that much difference. I've got GT40p heads on the engine

im not talking about just the block, i mean the whole block assembly, every component is a little heavier and it adds up. Ive never compared the gt40 heads to the EQs but i would have thought the gt40 heads would have been heavier. What is there intake rules now?

For the fords it's weiand stealth or performer rpm Chevy can use 2701 edelbrock eps or weiand xcellerator

im a super victor or parker funnel web fan, but if i had that choice , i would take the stealth. keep me informed what you decide and ill help all i can, we dont have IMCA down here any more, but i was always curious how this combo would work....

I've got the Performer RPM on the engine now I actually like the shapes of the runners better on the edelbrock intake than the weiand. I think this will be a good combination I'm working on getting the engine in the car right now and its not gunna be so bad.

check your PM dereksehi, i sent you a message.