Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Delightfully humorous listening to some b1tch about a show running late while they're sitting at home in front of the TV. Baaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Home at 1:35 AM>up at 5:00AM for work. Some of you fogies need some Geritol.
    Even worse than an age thing, it's race fans b!tching about too much racing! First it's the car counts are low, then the complaints because it takes too long to run six heats, three consies and a feature. And I feel so bad for the guys that have racing jobs. Really sucks to have to work in a sport you supposedly love and being forced to spend all that time at the track. They should just run 25 lap features. They are so much more exciting and then they can all be back at home an extra 15 minutes earlier. :sarcasm:
    Last edited by Snake X3; 05-13-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Delightfully humorous listening to some b1tch about a show running late while they're sitting at home in front of the TV. Baaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!Home at 1:35 AM>up at 5:00AM for work. Some of you fogies need some Geritol.
    Lol, I am one of the guilty ones. Pulled a double shift and couldn't stay awake for the life of me. Tried and tried...(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) FCR! Hahaha...my excuse is I'm on EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Even worse than an age thing, it's race fans b!tching about too much racing! First it's the car counts are low, then the complaints because it takes too long to run six heats, three consies and a feature. And I feel so bad for the guys that have racing jobs. Really sucks to have to work in a sport you supposedly love and being forced to spend all that time at the track. They should just run 25 lap features. They are so much more exciting and then they can all be back at home an extra 15 minutes earlier. :sarcasm:
    I for one love the amount of late model heats, consi, etc.,,,My favorite race to go to is N/S 100 because they give you moneys worth. 12 heat races! Get to see your favorite driver(s) race twice and they mix up the heats with different drivers each time. Last year they were moving it too. Florence really had it together for the amount of races they had to get through (including mods).

Delightfully humorous listening to some b1tch about a show running late while they're sitting at home in front of the TV. Baaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Home at 1:35 AM>up at 5:00AM for work. Some of you fogies need some Geritol.
    Sounds like me. Dozed off during modified feature. Woke up to see Bobby taking the checkered. Second night in a row. I should have had a couple more Gerrybombs. (Monster and Geritol) lol

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I for one love the amount of late model heats, consi, etc.,,,My favorite race to go to is N/S 100 because they give you moneys worth. 12 heat races! Get to see your favorite driver(s) race twice and they mix up the heats with different drivers each time. Last year they were moving it too. Florence really had it together for the amount of races they had to get through (including mods).
    Me too. But then you get the people that whine about C and D-Mains, complain about hot laps and want them eliminated and advocate for 25 lap races all the while chastising people for complaining on social media about the sport. Hypocrite much?

Then you always get the people complaining about the races running too long because of their kids. When I was in elementary school I would love going to the 100 lap races that ran 3 support divisions and ended past midnight. Then if I was lucky my father would take me to the infield after the race to see the cars up close and meet the drivers. On the way home we'd stop at a burger joint along the highway and watch the open wheel trailers haul the cars back home...all while deaf from the roar of the engines for 6-8 hours and covered in mud.

Maybe people don't have the attention span to handle too much of a good thing anymore. If it's their job, they should quit. If they are fans, they should just come late and go home early then. Don't F it up for people that think more racing is better.

Still trying to figure out what the MARS series brings to the table.......must be their multiple provisional?

Yes the shoe ran late to TRY to improve the track as in right after qualifying theirs wasn't much left of a groove then it failed as heats was follow the leader train races. From that point attempt 2 to improve the track yes it did get better for first half of feature then it locked down no passing at all with 15 or so to go. Peirce was 2 seconds ahead at best.

FC did fine. so they ran late. it was a Friday night only a few people left. They reworked the track which was good to do. I thought there was quite a few more people there than with Illini.

I'm sure there was a good reason to run the mortified feature first, sorry but 12:30am is way to late to finish a show as people with small children and the elderly just can't enjoy themselves or have to leave early. Maybe next year start hot laps at 5pm instead of 6:30?

At least the 3 stooges are quiet...crickets lol...

Takes 6 hrs to run a show with 2 classes?

My question did the officials check and take tire samples from Peirce's car last night? As soon as Babb got off the scales a bunch of officials was at Babb's car. An yes 6 hours for 2 classes drug out at its finest. They tried to rework the track but they didn't do anything different from the first time. But I know nothing about track prep at all. I would think doing the same thing over an over wouldn't solve the problem. Once they lost the high side they never got it back.
    Last edited by t4g2; 05-13-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Now we have people bitching about people bItching!!! Only on 4m

For once i did not fall a sleep LOL... Though the racing was good... If you seen how much rain they got wed..I was shocked they got some racing in at all.. if you seen how bad Bobbys car was from running in the mud in the 1/2 mile..
    I think they use Marrs for the timing..they need to get Fairbury to help them with that...
    60 Lates and 40 Mods you had to know it was going to take some time... Next year they just need to run it as a OutLaw Show... I dont mine them taking time to work the track if it helps the racing...

Anyone know what type of provisional Hoffman got?

Quote Originally Posted by modfan24 View Post
    Anyone know what type of provisional Hoffman got?
    I was wondering the same thing and I believe Hoffman got a Sunoco American Late Model Series provisional. Even though he was 10th in points I think everyone else ahead of him qualified for the main event, so Hoffman and Caleb Ashby might have been the series provisional.

What about the curfew?