Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I picked a few cherries in high school....
    What happened?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He is a racer.The first time I saw him was at Cleveland Speedway (that's in Tennessee)several years ago at The Gobbler.I had never heard of him,he had problems in qualifying and had to run a B main.He made a helluva run but missed a transfer spot. I noticed him that night and he didn't even transfer.Oh yeah,0 UMP points were offered.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    They had those back then? 
    Not many... I was gettin em in jr.high..lmao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Look a cherry picker is a high dollar team that will travel 5 or 6 hrs for 2k rather than go 3 or 4 hrs to a 10k+ race.... To me Rusty is a regional driver racing for CJ.... isnt that what the subject of this discussion is about? CJs cars?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Not many... I was gettin em in jr.high..lmao
    I hope not recently???

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    What happened?
    And one before I go lay down for the night. SS...... REALLY? I could run with run so many ways but I want... night yall

SS...... REALLY? I could run with run so many ways but I want... night yall
    What???????🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What???????樂樂樂樂樂
    Don't wake him up!

Look a cherry picker is a high dollar team that will travel 5 or 6 hrs for 2k rather than go 3 or 4 hrs to a 10k+ race.... To me Rusty is a regional driver racing for CJ.... isnt that what the subject of this discussion is about? CJs cars?

DD45 everyone knows that this discussion is about CJ's Car's my friend.... But they Also know that Shlenk is a cherry picker at Best as well. He has been doing it for years....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    DD45 everyone knows that this discussion is about CJ's Car's my friend.... But they Also know that Shlenk is a cherry picker at Best as well. He has been doing it for years....
    Me personally I don't care where he races, I think a guy should go where he will make money, my problem is all these people that act like these cars are top level cars and they are back on top because of local wins. These people don't need to post every time he wins a local show, I think it hurts more that it helps. Now If he goes out and wins a handful of tough races then yeah that is something to gloat about but until then......

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Me personally I don't care where he races, I think a guy should go where he will make money, my problem is all these people that act like these cars are top level cars and they are back on top because of local wins. These people don't need to post every time he wins a local show, I think it hurts more that it helps. Now If he goes out and wins a handful of tough races then yeah that is something to gloat about but until then......
    He is beating guys with equal or better equipment. What do you want him to do? He isn't being fed trick products and Rumley device replacements from manufacturers like your favorite Lucas or WoO guy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He is beating guys with equal or better equipment. What do you want him to do? He isn't being fed trick products and Rumley device replacements from manufacturers like your favorite Lucas or WoO guy.
    Those romley tricks and other products aren't detected very often racing for cherry's. Amen to your post tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Like I said in my post that you clearly didn't understand is that I don't blame him for picking and choosing where he can win and what makes the most sense for their budget but him winning these local shows and then goes to some stiff competition races and doesn't make the A main three straight nights doesn't put these cars back on the map. You have no clue how these cars are being set up now if you think they are still running Rumley device replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Like I said in my post that you clearly didn't understand is that I don't blame him for picking and choosing where he can win and what makes the most sense for their budget but him winning these local shows and then goes to some stiff competition races and doesn't make the A main three straight nights doesn't put these cars back on the map. You have no clue how these cars are being set up now if you think they are still running Rumley device replacements.
    I have plenty of clues. People have not forgotten what they learned. Once you know what is wrong with something, you continue to find ways to fix it. Even if stupid rules keep knocking them down.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-16-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    I'm a racing fan that enjoys simply trolling on the 4m waiting for people to post about Rusty and then I try to bring some reality to the thread. I'm not jealous of him I just really cant stand him or most of his fans.
    Let me ask you this, if you are from his region, and you say you are a racing fan, who from this area do you like? Who from this area has wins of substance? The other disrespectful thread you posted you insinuated winning at Oakshade was easy? Is winning a local show at I 55 easy? Is winning a special at Mansfield easy? Peoria local show easy? Is winning an ALMS show at Eldora easy. Quincy local show on Sundays easy? Are any of those wins considered Cherry picking? I just don't understand how you can belittle any of these accomplishments. Who else from that area can match his resume? Five ALMS Championships? Seven Oakshade Track Championships? An UMP National Championship? Not even Kris Patterson, who is a DLM Hall of famer, could win a National Championship. What other race team from his area has accomplished so much? On a local or regional level?

You say you want to "bring reality to the thread"? Not even close. Hatered has altered your preception of reality. It's called delusional. It's not other people, it's you!

I'll wait for your next hate filled fact less response.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron-Junkie; 05-16-2017 at 09:06 AM.

there is nothing wrong with this thread, whats wrong is all the critics posting, i understand some of you have harsh feelings for this guy for some reason but if you dont agree with the thread, then dont post, me personally, i dont care if there wasnt but 5 cars there, he won, and i highly doubt he or CJ gives two sh!ts what the critics on here think. JMHO.......

Usually the hate for a driver comes from that driver doing things like driving dirty or breaking rules or even simply winning most races entered. Rusty hasn't done any of this that I'm aware of. I don't get the hate thrown at him???

I'm glad I didn't mention Rusty's car has leaf springs and a Camaro stub.😁
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I'm glad I didn't mention Rusty's car has leaf springs and a Camaro stub.
    Good thing. Also it's probably good u didn't mention Rusty will be in the Bloomers house car when Scott calls 'er quits!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Folks want to have the same equipment as the fastest guys who win the biggest races. Even in UMP land, most teams are going to want the stuff that wins the biggest races, too. Rusty has been very fast at a bunch of different style tracks, proving that the car is versatile and that's a great thing, but it's all been weekly stuff so nobody cares.

It may sell a few Rayburns in the Midwest, but teams aren't "coming back" en masse until a Rayburn wins a pile of Summernats, WoO or Lucas races. To even have the chance to do that, they're going to have to run a pile of those races. That's not Rusty's style.
    Without the driver and the tricks of the day from the car winning the races, they just paid up for a cheap imitation. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1