Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

[QUOTE=Bigdirtfan;2105329]Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basisAll of those drivers had huge rides and big money behind them...i watched rusty beat matt miller with matt millers engine from 10 years before that. If people truly knew rusty and what he runs with they would be shocked. That win at i55, if that is not significant your crazy. Everyone laughed when they heard the car will be swingarm hell i had my doubts...you sir dont even know was dlm racing is. Keep on being that keyboard warrior. Just adds fuel to the fire.

[QUOTE=Skidoo83;2105741]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basisAll of those drivers had huge rides and big money behind them...i watched rusty beat matt miller with matt millers engine from 10 years before that. If people truly knew rusty and what he runs with they would be shocked. That win at i55, if that is not significant your crazy. Everyone laughed when they heard the car will be swingarm hell i had my doubts...you sir dont even know was dlm racing is. Keep on being that keyboard warrior. Just adds fuel to the fire.

Drops the mic, and walks off......

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Only for the Lemming generation, some us can and do think for ourselves.

True, very true. Pointing out every win, regardless of prominence makes a difference. The hater trolls will always make an excuse to nullify a victory, when it wasn't long ago they were declaring ANY win in a Rayburn/Swing Arm as impossible, regardless of competition or conditions. Then somebody wins and you get a laundry list of stipulations as to why:

Its his home track or home area or home country.
    Nobody else was there besides the 23 guys he outran.
    The rest of the field were bomber cars, well at least 2 were.
    It's not a significant race, because I didn't want him to win.
    He didn't win a couple of races this week and changed his schedule, so it's over.
    He's gotta win on WoO or Lucas or Nascar or NHRA or it doesn't count.
    Mark Richards didnt build that car so it can't actually win anyway, its illegal.
    All late models have to come from WV or they are just copies.
    Its not really a Rayburn because Rusty put his stickers on it...

and on and on... A win is a win unless it was called on account of rain.
    Well. As long as there has been competition, everyone wants to be whoever is at the top. It's nothing new, been going on for 100's of years. While it's more accessible if you have money to have the same thing as everyone else, no matter what sport we are talking about, it's always been mirroring the top level people and doing it a touch better than them. It's not something new.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Rusty is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He goes out of his way to say hi, chat with kids and fans or lend a hand to a fellow driver. The amount of racing and traveling he does for the peanut budget he has is remarkable. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the budget for all the best of the best parts in the DLM world. I was hopeful he would find the sponsorship $ to be able to get in an XR1 but that didn't happen. Some may call him a cherry picker, but I call it being smart and doing what you have to do to pay the bills and keep food on the table.

[QUOTE=Skidoo83;2105741]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    Kris patterson, shane yoder, justin paxton, matt miller, rick delong, tony marks, john lawhorn, glenn bradley. Your seeing better at oakshade right now on a weekly basisAll of those drivers had huge rides and big money behind them...i watched rusty beat matt miller with matt millers engine from 10 years before that. If people truly knew rusty and what he runs with they would be shocked. That win at i55, if that is not significant your crazy. Everyone laughed when they heard the car will be swingarm hell i had my doubts...you sir dont even know was dlm racing is. Keep on being that keyboard warrior. Just adds fuel to the fire.
    I can assure you Glenn Bradley didn't have big money behind him, they was about as shoestring of a budget a race team could have and compete with back in the early 90's. I have no dog in this fight one way or the other about Rusty, it's none of my business, but to lump Glenn Bradley in there with big money behind him the years he was winning and driving the Danny Howell owned 2 car at Oakshade would be crazy.

Dave Hess Jrs. Win at Wayne County Speedway was for a guaranteed starting position in the upcoming WOO race. Hess won a WOO race there a few years back. Maybe C.J. gets his big win there. Hess has been on a rail regionally. 2nd year in Rayburns for the team. Hess can drive with the best of them.

Curious, Hess running swing arm or 4 link and what year chassis?

Per CJ's FB page...

Congrats to Rusty Schlenk and the entire RSR crew on another feature win last night! Currently leading the UMP National Points standings!!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Missed an Appleseed victory by about 12".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If Nick Hoffman didn't blow a right rear he wouldn't have even been close to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    If Nick Hoffman didn't blow a right rear he wouldn't have even been close to winning.
    If slack hadn't ruined racing at Eldora, Noonan wouldn't have won. If Wheatland hadn't rained out, Hoffman wouldn't have been in first. If your aunt had external genitalia, she would be your uncle.

One of the top WoO cars and plenty of other good pieces had nothing for that Rayburn.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-29-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Where's the LIKE button?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

If I'd been more careful with that last fart... I'd still be in the same bloomer underpants too!

Gooooo Rayburn!!! Get 'em Rusty, get 'em boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightbulb

If, If, If.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If slack hadn't ruined racing at Eldora, Noonan wouldn't have won. If Wheatland hadn't rained out, Hoffman wouldn't have been in first. If your aunt had external genitalia, she would be your uncle.

One of the top WoO cars and plenty of other good pieces had nothing for that Rayburn.
    Nominating for best post 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Where's the LIKE button?
    I know, right. LIKE, LIKE, LIKE.

I loved seeing that Rayburn run up front. I'm a Rusty fan and his CJ1 looked very impressive! We will see how he fairs at the Dream.

Hess has a 2017 swing arm car Last year won a bunch of races with a 2016 swing arm car. Same suspension last year as this. I've built several of these cars and they are all running good. I built a 4 link car in 2014 that won 18 crate races 12 the next with a different driver. They are all good if you work on the car instead of worrying about what your neighbor has.