Thread: Wendall Wallace

Default Wendall Wallace

Debuting a brand new second XR1 at the Show Me.

I hope he runs well wouldn't mind seen him win a big pay check

Not quite. He will be in 1 of Timmy Culp's cars.

Quote Originally Posted by KBM18fan View Post
    Not quite. He will be in 1 of Timmy Culp's cars.
    It will be brand new. It's at Rocket right now. Once it's done, it's the one Wendell Wallace will be in at the Show Me.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Yes C&B, you are right. But it's still Timmy's car that Hootie will be driving. I also saw where someone on Facebook made a comment that its the 1st time in his career that he will pilot a Rocket Chassis. When he was teamed with Garrett Durrett, I thought he was in a Rocket back then. Does anyone remember that from some 10 to 15 years back?

Hootie was the nickname of Wendell's late dad.

- Ben

Yes C&B, you are right. But it's still Timmy's car that Hootie will be driving. I also saw where someone on Facebook made a comment that its the 1st time in his career that he will pilot a Rocket Chassis. When he was teamed with Garrett Durrett, I thought he was in a Rocket back then. Does anyone remember that from some 10 to 15 years back?
    Yes, the GD cars were Rockets too.

Yes Ben, I know that. He has put it on his door number for years now. Thanks Maverick. I was almost certain that GD was. Was WW still in a GRT? It's been long enough ago I don't remember. Lol

Gotcha, just thought you were thinking he was in an old Timmy car. Oh yeah, I remember Garrett, 58, was my Dads number, nice car, he had moments of looking pretty good. I think it's another case of just it taking wayyyy too much more money than they wanted to spend. Not real familiar with them, I know they were outta Louisiana. He was here one minute, nice sh!t, and gone the next.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Garrett ran rocket and grt, now which one they ran when Wallace drove for them I'm not sure. I know I have a Wallace shirt with that car on it, and it has a grt logo on the quarter.

http://www.stlracing.com/community/i...80%9807.86931/

There is a old link to the press release concerning the team.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-18-2017 at 03:05 PM.

GD ran Warrior cars during that time as well.

Obviously not intentional, but that seems like an extra jab at GRT after Wendell was a major man for them back in the day and Culp was their last hope at building the DLM chassis back up...

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Obviously not intentional, but that seems like an extra jab at GRT after Wendell was a major man for them back in the day and Culp was their last hope at building the DLM chassis back up...
    Yeah, you're correct.

Lightbulb "Go with what you know"

...Thanks Maverick. I was almost certain that GD was. Was WW still in a GRT? It's been long enough ago I don't remember. Lol
    WW was in GRT house car when he was offered deal to mentor GD. While WW was with GD they ran Rockets and I don't remember there being much success by either party. It was short lived and I believe GD left the sport when his dad pulled the plug on the money when the results didn't come. Seems stupid to me to hire someone who is strong in and drives 1 brand and insist he drive another. Logically they should've either hired a rocketeer to mentor him or bought GRT to suit WW. Lots of people with money think they know what's best in every situation, but in racing ego's like that won't fly.

My motto, "Go with what you know".

I was wondering why he was wrenching on culps car at farmer city