Default What is the best helmet?

I am looking to purchase a new helmet and would like to know what brand/model people have had success with. I have had several Simpson Vudos in the past and have seen inconsistencies between their helmets. I am considering trying an Impact Vapor and was curious if anyone has any feedback on those? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I am looking to purchase a new helmet and would like to know what brand/model people have had success with. I have had several Simpson Vudos in the past and have seen inconsistencies between their helmets. I am considering trying an Impact Vapor and was curious if anyone has any feedback on those? Thanks in advance for your replies.
    I am on my third impact vapor and 6th impact helmet and love them. impact offers more chin jaw line coverage than most helmets. I have crashed them HARD in my time racing sprint cars and modifieds and have never had an issue.

don't know much about impact, but once I tried a bell gtx on I was done with simpson. for the record I'm using a carbon gp-1 now