CARNESVILLE, GA – The FASTRAK Pro Late Model Series has lost a jewel to its Memorial Day Weekend 12th Annual Triple Crown due to unforeseen circumstances. The Triple will, however carry on with the other two jewels. The May 26 race at Beckley Motorsports Park in Beckley, WV has been cancelled, but the Princeton Speedway and Wythe Raceway events are still on.

Princeton Speedway in Princeton, WV will present a $2,000-to-win, $250-to-start race on Saturday night, May 27, and the final jewel of the FASTRAK Pro Late Model Series Triple Crown will be a $3,000-to-win, $275-to-start race at Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, VA on Sunday night, May 28. Both races will be points events for the FASTRAK South East and Mid-Ohio Valley Regions.

Efforts were made by FASTRAK Officials to negotiate saving the first jewel of the Triple Crown, as 311 Motor Speedway in Madison, NC offered to make their track available for the race. But with little time to properly promote a new venue, FASTRAK officials opted to go with just the two remaining jewels.

“We will not be having the Friday night race of the FASTRAK Triple Crown, unless someone calls wanting to do it,” FASTRAK Founder and CEO Stan Lester said. “I appreciate Mike Fulp from 311 Motor Speedway for offering the track, but we just couldn’t get up there to properly advertise and promote the race on such short notice, and I don’t need to lose money to do a race.”

The Beckley Motorsports Park cancellation was twofold, and a mutual agreement between the track and FASTRAK. The cancellation also goes further than just the first jewel of the FASTRAK Triple Crown. The main concern by FASTRAK was the track surface.

“Unfortunately, they have not had but one race there this year because of the continued downpours in the area,” Lester said. “With new clay, and some trouble with that clay having rocks in it, we decided it was best for our teams to not go there. We can’t take a chance with two more days of racing right behind that, plus these teams depend on us to make good decisions about where we race, and right now it’s just not a place we need to go. Hopefully, the management there will get things going in the right direction, and then we will look at it again.”

According to the track, this look will not take place until at least 2018, as the track issued a statement on their Facebook page on Monday evening saying there will be no FASTRAK Touring races, or Touring races with its sister series, the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series at Beckley Motorsports Park in 2017. They did say, however, they would honor their contract to run FASTRAK Weekly Racing Series events in 2017.

“We learned of this decision by Beckley Motorsports Park just like everyone else, by reading it on their Facebook page on Monday night,” Lester said. “I am assuming from that statement, that is the decision of the track management, and I respectfully agree to that. I disagree on the way it was handled, but that’s their business.”

Lester said the 12th Annual FASTRAK Triple Crown will carry on like it always has just short one jewel. “At the end of the race on Sunday night at Wythe Raceway, we will have a Triple Crown Champion with a Crown, a Robe, and a Scepter.”

Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_SE and/or @FASTRAK_MOV on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

THE 2017 MARKETING PARTNERS FOR THE FASTRAK RACING SERIES ARE CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE, HOOSIER RACING TIRE, VP RACING FUEL, BEYEA HEADERS, ROCKET CHASSIS, TNT RACE CARS, ARIZONA SPORT SHIRTS, SIMPSON SAFETY EQUIPMENT, SAFECRAFT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS, ROCK AUTO.COM, AND THOMAS CLARKE PERFORMANCE.