Default Dirt Unlimited article on Bloomquist

Very interesting article ! I did not realize Bloomquist had won so many features before he left California. He obviously is quite intelligent and well organized to accomplish all he has in many years of racing.

That was painful to read

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    That was painful to read
    I agree, I think Scott's a$$ is blistered after that one. Very over the top, not written by a professional in my opinion. I in no way shape or form think should you compare Scott with Mario and A.J., and others I'm sure, but them two stick out the most.

I just despise cross referencing drivers, you compare dirt late model drivers to dirt late model drivers, and so on. I ended up skimming over the article after it got to the ridiculous comparisons spot.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I don't care much for any of their articles. Not professional journalism at all, just opinion pieces with little facts is what I see

And also, Bloomquist did not win the first time they ran at Bristol. He didn't win until the 2nd year.
    I think he won 2 out of 3 that year. Beat Freddy Smith by a nose on night one, and then won on night 3.

Go to YouTube and search Dirt Latemodels at Bristol and most of your videos are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    I'd have to see that in black and white. My memory isn't the best but I think Scott won the first time he ran Bristol. I've been wrong before but I was there and seems like he stalked Freddy for 99 laps and put it on him lol. Speeds were so fast that I remember wheels breaking. That track was too fast for the equipment at that time. Seems like the late models were faster than the Nascars on the watch. Couldn't imagine the times they would turn on Bristol today!
    Absolutely not! The cup track record was 15: 18 by Steve Park back then. The LM's we're about 1second slower. I was there .
    Last edited by Cast-Iron-Junkie; 05-22-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Dale McDowell won the first Bristol race
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else." - Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by brainbucket View Post
    Dale McDowell won the first Bristol race
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u4NKQUBSQuM

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    I'd have to see that in black and white. My memory isn't the best but I think Scott won the first time he ran Bristol. I've been wrong before but I was there and seems like he stalked Freddy for 99 laps and put it on him lol. Speeds were so fast that I remember wheels breaking. That track was too fast for the equipment at that time. Seems like the late models were faster than the Nascars on the watch. Couldn't imagine the times they would turn on Bristol today!
    Second year was Scott and Freddy, I was there. Made a steel wheel rule, and other rules, and had half the amount of cars.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    That was painful to read
    Exactly, and I am pretty sure Steve Kinser (King) has accomplished more than Bloomquist on dirt. I am pretty sure Bloomquist was never invited to compete in IROC.

Many wheels were broke that night. I can remember a few leadersBroke wheels including Rick Aukland.Dale McDowell went on to win. They stopped the Race to check wheels & Dales was about to let Go as well. Worst chest infection I've ever Had after watching that race!! Good times

Bristol Stats
    Overall fastest lap: Brian Gerster, 12.742 s [150.585 miles per hour (242.343 km/h)] October 1, 2011
    Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying: Denny Hamlin, 14.573 s [131.668 miles per hour (211.899 km/h)], August 19, 2016

BRISTOL, Tenn. (Wednesday, May 24, 2000) - Pennzoil World of Outlaws driver Sammy Swindell blistered Bristol Motor Speedway's track record with an unofficial lap of 13.60 seconds, 141.088 mph, in Wednesday night's dirt track testing for the Channellock Challenge at Bristol.

Swindell's lap was was a second-and-a-half quicker than Steve Park's track record (15.184 seconds, 126.370 mph) set in Food City 500 qualifying this past spring.

Hav-A-Tampa Series driver Scott Bloomquist drove a lap with an average speed of 121.443 mph, almost two mph faster than HAT's all-time speed record.

Swindell was one of four Outlaws drivers that included Steve Kinser, who turned laps around 14.15 seconds, 135.604 mph. Bloomquist was one of more than a dozen late model drivers that tested Wednesday night.

The videos on youtube of the Sprint cars going around there are absolutely insane. It is a miracle there wasn't a serious injury.

Nobody was gonna beat Balzano that night until his wheel broke
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

If the journalist should have said "in 2001, Dirt Track Racing leaders decided to take the Late Models to Bristol Motor Speedway once again or second time, guess who won." not to terrible tho.

But big thing is "Drivers like Steve Kinser, Billy Moyer, Sammy Swindell, Jack Hewitt, Bryan Clauson, Mario Andretti and AJ Foyt, but none have accomplished what Bloomquist has." BLACK Flag that sh!t.

This divers are in different car class, Scott can't say he do what they have done in their motor sport class.

If the journalist said " Scott bloomquist is the Steve Kinser, Sammy Swindell, Jack Hewitt, Bryan Clauson, Mario Andretti and AJ Foyt of dirt late model. Of what he has accomplished in the dirt late model world. Greatest dirt late model driver of time", I could go with that. But when i look at some of unlimited article they have me scratching my head at times.