Question Carolina Clash vs Ultimate Supers Yet No Purse Increase

Carolina Clash and Ultimate Series combine two races this weekend (Carolina and Lavonia) yet they did not increase the purse at all. Does anyone else feel that with combining two series like this, it is only right to up the purse? $6,000 instead of $4,000?
    Last edited by TurnRightGoLeft; 05-19-2017 at 07:14 AM.

I was surprised to see it not be at least $5,000. Is this the lowest pay to win any Ultimate Supers race in 2017?

Should be a great field both nights. I'll pick Fergy at Carolina and Roberts at Lavonia.

Next time they combine the purse will likely increase.

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    I was surprised to see it not be at least $5,000. Is this the lowest pay to win any Ultimate Supers race in 2017?Should be a great field both nights. I'll pick Fergy at Carolina and Roberts at Lavonia.Next time they combine the purse will likely increase.
    No, most of the Clash and Ultimate races are $4,000 to win. With co-sanctioning an event, the purse should be increased. Basically what is taking place is one night its on the Clash books and the other night is on the Ultimate books (splitting the cost over two nights essentially allowing each series to get out of paying the full cost of two nights). The purse should be increased if you are "co-sanctioning" not stay at a normal purse size.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    I was surprised to see it not be at least $5,000. Is this the lowest pay to win any Ultimate Supers race in 2017?

Should be a great field both nights. I'll pick Fergy at Carolina and Roberts at Lavonia.

Next time they combine the purse will likely increase.
    Roberts won't be there, going to tune up for WoO at Senoia.

I've never seen a race get a pay bump just because it's a co sanctioned. MLRA works with MARS on several events. The purse isn't increased at all.

Tracks pay the purses, not the sanction. It amazes me how few people know this.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Tracks pay the purses, not the sanction. It amazes me how few people know this.
    I thought the promoter paid...which in many/most cases would be the track. Am I wrong on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I thought the promoter paid...which in many/most cases would be the track. Am I wrong on that?
    No, you're right.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    No, you're right.
    Thanks, man.

They didn't try to rob us for a extra five dollars so my crowd was happy, Carolina rarely ever pays more than 4 grand. Leonard