Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default John gill banned

John gill banned one year from Fastrack for illegal crate motor. Engine builder banned for life. See story below.FASTRAK takes action against engine builder and driver for illegal Chevrolet Performance Parts Engine at Florence Speedway! After a engine protest at Florence Speedway in KY the engine in the car owned by Jeff Leake has been declared illegal. Results of the illegal engine are as follows: 1) Engine Builder Weinkle Motorsports has been banned for life and all fines thereof apply per the FASTRAK "authorized engine rebuilder" contract will apply. 2) Driver John Gill of the car that evening is being fined $1000 for barred for 365 days from the night of the protest. This is unfortunate for driver John Gill as it was not his car, but from a series standpoint all we can do is check what's it front of us. The camshaft in the car although stamped GM had been altered. Per FASTRAK rules the engine must be "as from factory" and all parts thereof. The camshaft has been confiscated and will be held at the FASTRAK Corporate office to be destroyed at a later date. "We take illegal engines very seriously" said Stan Lester of FASTRAK. "Its against the very 'spirit of the program' and crate engine late model racing in itself". "I did want to take a second to thank the FASTRAK engine builders that helped in the protest of this engine" said Lester. "After speaking with Josh King of the speedway he said the process could not have gone any smoother. Even though Florence is not a "weekly sanctioned track" we recognize the importance of keeping crate engine late model racing equal and are always glad to help a track keep it that way". Special thanks to Josh King for taking the time to do this correctly. FASTRAK engine seal numbers are located on the FASTRAK website and available for everyone to see. Go to www.fastrakracing.com, go to driver info tab then go to engine seals.

Default Protested

I heard its being protested
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

If a few more create series an tracks would do the same might make some think before buying or building a motor wrong

I seen a post on Facebook, the motor builder took full responsibility.

Good deal cause I don't think John new about the motor, hope they don't back off builder an car owner

Does owner and driver still get to race at florance speedway?
    If not it''s no big deal

Think there banned from fastrak races, least that's the way I read it

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    Does owner and driver still get to race at florance speedway?
    If not it''s no big deal
    Same thing I thought. The track hasn't released anything that I know of yet. I don't think Gill runs anywhere else other than Florence in the crate. I wouldn't even pay the fine for Fastrak if I was him. It's not like series comes up here to take any races from them.

If I were Florence, I would go along with the ban

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    Think there banned from fastrak races, least that's the way I read it
    That's the way i understand it. So can still race at Florence speedway

My question is can a driver feel the extra power/rpm's in a crate motor thats been tweaked like this one was ...

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    If a few more create series an tracks would do the same might make some think before buying or building a motor wrong
    Most sanctions have done this at some time or another. Some dudes still buy cheated up motors. Makes no sense to me, for what teams pay for a cheater engine, they could have themselves a decent weekly super motor and run for better purses.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

This was not a bought cheated up motor.John shows up with his driving suit and drives,he doesn't work on car just drives for Wienle ,who by the way is a certified fastrak engine builder or was .The motor was built by Weinle .In my opinion anyone who races a crate could be put in this situation ,nobody knows what goes into their motor except the certified engine builder,that being said I wouldn't use a no name builder that only builds 1 or 2 crate motors

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Most sanctions have done this at some time or another. Some dudes still buy cheated up motors. Makes no sense to me, for what teams pay for a cheater engine, they could have themselves a decent weekly super motor and run for better purses.
    Exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MAC ATTACK View Post
    This was not a bought cheated up motor.John shows up with his driving suit and drives,he doesn't work on car just drives for Wienle ,who by the way is a certified fastrak engine builder or was .The motor was built by Weinle .In my opinion anyone who races a crate could be put in this situation ,nobody knows what goes into their motor except the certified engine builder,that being said I wouldn't use a no name builder that only builds 1 or 2 crate motors
    to me he hit the nail on the head here in a couple different ways. gill more then likely had no clue what was going on. this statement also perfectly describes the problem with crate motor racing and why it will never be a well recieved class. why are crate motors being built? they should be ran the way the come from GM, you should not have a built crate motor.

I say we should ban crates all together, they've killed both limited & super here in the south from a weekly standpoint and there are NO cost savings once you factor in all the specially made component parts, lubricants fuel blends, carbs, headers, rear ends, braking systems and on and on. They easily are north of $13K and are the most boring sounding engines on the planet. They sold this class as inexpensive, but it's only a grossly underpowered super that dilutes late model racing far too much. Ban Crates and do some honest tech and rules enforcement instead of socialized racing that is boring. The only thing worse is the 602 sportsman class that takes things even a step lower, DULL!

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    I say we should ban crates all together, they've killed both limited & super here in the south from a weekly standpoint and there are NO cost savings once you factor in all the specially made component parts, lubricants fuel blends, carbs, headers, rear ends, braking systems and on and on. They easily are north of $13K and are the most boring sounding engines on the planet. They sold this class as inexpensive, but it's only a grossly underpowered super that dilutes late model racing far too much. Ban Crates and do some honest tech and rules enforcement instead of socialized racing that is boring. The only thing worse is the 602 sportsman class that takes things even a step lower, DULL!

Default crates

The crates or limited class always starts out as a good ideal .... Yea , It has its problems but its still better than having 100k in an open late model .... Make a rule & enforce it ... Saying its bad for the sport seems out of line ....

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    So...... basically crates are for racers that can't keep up??? Kinda like giving trophies to all that participate ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    The crates or limited class always starts out as a good ideal .... Yea , It has its problems but its still better than having 100k in an open late model .... Make a rule & enforce it ... Saying its bad for the sport seems out of line ....
    100K, on what planet? You can get a quality pro built engine used for 1/5 of that. CRATES ARE BAD FOR THE SPORT. You could build engines at 1/3 the cost of a competitive 604 and it make 150+ HP.

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    So...... basically crates are for racers that can't keep up??? Kinda like giving trophies to all that participate ??
    I would say its for those who think everyone who wins is cheating and that putting some half a$$ seals on makes that all go away, it doesn't and does zero to curtail costs. The ones who can't keep up or refuse to do what's needed to win(work) want to slow everyone else down to their speed. You're right, it is the "trophies for all" generation.