Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The guys who win at my local crate track run a club 29 .... I figure 40-50k for a roller ... whats a motor 25 -35 k ..... Thats getting pretty close to 100k and we havnt talked any extra's
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Please let me know where I can get a competitive built motor to run with the supers at 1/3rd the cost of a 604.I paid 6500 for my motor used so your saying for 2164.00 I can do this?That wont even buy a good set of heads for a super

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    The guys who win at my local crate track run a club 29 .... I figure 40-50k for a roller ... whats a motor 25 -35 k ..... Thats getting pretty close to 100k and we havnt talked any extra's
    yea, BUT these crate racers down here are buying those 40-50k rollers and putting these crate motors in them, plus spending tons of money on that crate engine to legally gain an edge, where is the economics, from a being fair perspective, in that?????

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    I say we should ban crates all together, they've killed both limited & super here in the south from a weekly standpoint and there are NO cost savings once you factor in all the specially made component parts, lubricants fuel blends, carbs, headers, rear ends, braking systems and on and on. They easily are north of $13K and are the most boring sounding engines on the planet. They sold this class as inexpensive, but it's only a grossly underpowered super that dilutes late model racing far too much. Ban Crates and do some honest tech and rules enforcement instead of socialized racing that is boring. The only thing worse is the 602 sportsman class that takes things even a step lower, DULL!
    The crates are working on killing the supers up north too. Just about every crate race I've seen, especially crate late models ends up looking like a NASCAR race, they all spread out an equal distance from each other and make laps. Unfortunately the horse is out of the barn and I don't think crates are going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KDCHRLMNGE View Post
    The crates are working on killing the supers up north too. Just about every crate race I've seen, especially crate late models ends up looking like a NASCAR race, they all spread out an equal distance from each other and make laps. Unfortunately the horse is out of the barn and I don't think crates are going anywhere any time soon.
    That's why you will never see crates at Fairbury, not a whole lot cheaper and they would probably lose 4 or 5 super lates plus the cheating is rampant and hard to police without tearing down motors.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    That's why you will never see crates at Fairbury, not a whole lot cheaper and they would probably lose 4 or 5 super lates plus the cheating is rampant and hard to police without tearing down motors.
    First off never is a long time and second why would they lose 4 or 5 supers?

Tell those guys paying 40 to 50k for a roller I can save them a lot of money I would take 25k for my roller lol

The only reason crates aren't at Fairbury, is the Cravens pay for the Sportsman class.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Same reason every track with crates loses supers. Guys move down to try and win.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My weekly track Carolina Speedway listened to us fans and started running limiteds instead of cheated up crates. Wish someone would catch the authorized rebuilder in NC that switches the crankshaft with one 30 pounds lighter, now that's cheating. And it cost around 5000 dollars to switch and tune your new crate motor so we can watch follow the leader. Pee on them---Leonard

When they first came out, the crates were a great idea. Then, like everything else, the money took over. The old timers who couldn't afford a super anymore, and the young ones cutting their teeth for a super, and those that run both. Just killed it, and the complete lack of consistent tech on a division that absolutely needs great tech. I'm sure crates are still less, but not much. And the purses aren't up to super levels, so I'd guess a top crate to a close to the top super, probably a wash.

Shame too, because while boring, they were a good idea.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by poolcuemaster View Post
    My weekly track Carolina Speedway listened to us fans and started running limiteds instead of cheated up crates. Wish someone would catch the authorized rebuilder in NC that switches the crankshaft with one 30 pounds lighter, now that's cheating. And it cost around 5000 dollars to switch and tune your new crate motor so we can watch follow the leader. Pee on them---Leonard
    Leonard,you must be related to the V.I.,(A CRANKSHAFT THAT'S 30 POUND'S LIGHTER)Wake up!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Pro Crates are running in Fairbury this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Pro Crates are running in Fairbury this Saturday.
    Yes it's a Memorial Day weekend special, you won't see them on their weekly program anytime soon.

I see alot of different points being made that I never would of thought of if it wasnt for this fourm .... I understand some of the super lates have sponsor money .... I guess in my way of thinking how much money these guys pour into this ....I believe 10k for a crate motor every couple years is farr less that 40k .... I guess its all to how much money you wanna spend to call it a hobby / life style ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I see alot of different points being made that I never would of thought of if it wasnt for this fourm .... I understand some of the super lates have sponsor money .... I guess in my way of thinking how much money these guys pour into this ....I believe 10k for a crate motor every couple years is farr less that 40k .... I guess its all to how much money you wanna spend to call it a hobby / life style ....
    You can get a used super, capable of winning local and regional shows for $15k. You can rebuild that yourself.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Default used

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You can get a used super, capable of winning local and regional shows for $15k. You can rebuild that yourself.
    I dont understand .... What are you buying for 15 k ?

15k is a lot more than 6500.Plus dry sump system