Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora camping question

Trying to decide between Speedy or the North lot. Does speedy have a shower house?

Yep, right next to the PUTT PUTT Golf.

Watch out for thieves!

I know some people that camp down by Greenville instead of any of those lots.

Thanks for the replies. We'll make sure to lock our things down. And keep the hand cannon locked and loaded. Blackie makes it sound like we'll be camping in the ghetto. . Hate a thief
    Last edited by dirt junkie; 05-21-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Have camped in both and never had a issue. I have heard reports of such tho. My rule of thumb is, don't leave stuff out and unattended if it is worth a lot of money. With that many people in attendance, you'll always have some bad eggs. I don't believe Eldora is any worse than any other outdoor sporting event.
    8/13/16

dirt junkie, take heed of what Black I said about thieves at Eldora. They are among you in what has appear to be large numbers.

Our group has been to the World Hundred over 25 times and The Dream more than 10 times. Of those 35+ trips to those two events we've camped at, or very near, the track at least 20 times. We stopped attending either of those events several years ago. Got to the point that we couldn't afford to go anymore. The last two years we were at Eldora for the World Hundred our group had an Arctic Cat 4 wheeler and a Honda 3000 watt generator stolen. And, despite highside halfwit's false sense of security they were both securely chained and properly locked down.

Eldora is the only event venue of any kind that we've ever had things stolen. Call it coincidence or whatever you want but rest assured that you are among thieves. We know of another 4 wheeler that was stolen at the World two years after we stopped going to Eldora that was owned by a fellow that we know well from our area but he is not part of our group. Just bad luck? Maybe. Either way you are among thieves.

If you think Eldora is the only racetrack you are among theives, you are naive.

Never camped in the North lot at Eldora so I can not speak for there, but have camped in what is now called "Speedys" for many years and never had an issue. Dont leave any valuables out where they are easily accessible to potential theives and you will be ok
    Last edited by dirtyboy; 05-21-2017 at 03:58 PM.

CIRF, you and your groups misfortunes really suck. It's a shame a person can't do something they enjoy for the fear of a thief.
    We are gonna go for it, staying in the North lot. Will be tent camping so we won't have a whole bunch of really valuable stuff with us. Leaving the golf cart at home, I'd rather walk than worry about it getting stolen or even a run in with Johnny Law. Can't afford a stolen cart or a D.U.I.
    We'll have a 8' enclosed trailer with us to keep all our gear in. Will just make sure to lock everything up inside of it when we're at the track. Leave trailer hooked up to the truck and locked to trailer hitch also.
    Thanks for the replies and hopefully we don't come home with horror stories about how our stuff got stolen. Really stoked about our first trip to the Big E!

never had a problem at speedy in many many years......

Up until the last 2 years, our group stayed in speedy....20+ years. We've never had anything stolen other than a Bloomquist shirt from one of the guys in our group, which I'm pretty sure my dad used for toilet paper.

Speedy has a shower house that comes in. They keep it over by the white farm house and barns that's near 118.

People act like it's so bad there anymore, to me the DTWC is worse than the world or dream races.

Been in Speedy over 20 years, and only minor problem is people using our private "Biffy" we rent for the weekend... The shower trailer is now located up front, closer to track, by the ice & firewood.

DirtJunkie We've been camping in the free part of Eldora for many many years. The only thing we have ever had stolen was a beer bong. We leave our coolers out when were at the track. Stop on down to the T3G Camp and have a beer and talk racing.

Nobody is going to steal from the T3G mafia, come on JS!

You may have a point!

If you stay up and party all night your belongings won't get stolen.

There`s a good possibility that some of the area thieves know there is a race going on and know what time it starts and just wait for the crowd to go in.

Sumbish just tole the world we leave our coolers out!!
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

Its ok we don't have Yeti's!
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

But you do have beer. And probably Yuengling, since it's Ohio. I have lots of drunken friends who would rather have the beer than the cooler.