Thread: Flinner wins

Default Flinner wins

At PPMS....

Good for him, I don't care what the competition was.

Always root for the under dog... gave it a valiant effort in Lucas.Good for him getting a win.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Congrats to Flinner... he deserves it
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Only way to get faster is run with the best week in and week out. He did it for over a year. He didn't set the world on fire but I bet his faster now than when he first hit the road. He built a notebook, raced on all kinds of surfaces. He will more than likely do well running regional races and win a little money. Nothing but respect for him. It's harder to do what he did then any one else on tour he ran with in my opinion 99% of drivers would tuck tail and run after getting out ran every single week but ppl still have to do what's feasible and money smart too. He stuck it out and lived a dream most late model drivers dream of doing but never get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT24 View Post
    Only way to get faster is run with the best week in and week out. He did it for over a year. He didn't set the world on fire but I bet his faster now than when he first hit the road. He built a notebook, raced on all kinds of surfaces. He will more than likely do well running regional races and win a little money. Nothing but respect for him. It's harder to do what he did then any one else on tour he ran with in my opinion 99% of drivers would tuck tail and run after getting out ran every single week but ppl still have to do what's feasible and money smart too. He stuck it out and lived a dream most late model drivers dream of doing but never get the chance.
    Great Post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRT24 View Post
    Agreed. Not that Flinner's operation still didn't have some good equipment, but it is kind of cool that even as advanced and fancy as the sport has gotten, a guy with a car, motor, truck and trailer, and a dream can do it if they want to bad enough. Darn near anybody could take out a huge loan and go do it for a year if they really wanted to. It might bankrupt ya, but you could do it.

Does anybody (I'm sure Vande does if he is still active on here) know about the sprint car/midget driver Robert Bell? He has done similar. Not like following the WOO or anything but showing up for the Knoxville Nationals, trying to make the show. Got a rig that looks like it could have been in Maximum Overdrive in the 80's. Fans love the guy, he is like a sprint car folk hero in Iowa.
    Last edited by zach51; 05-22-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Heck I'd take my old MB to Eldora just to say I did... I ran a lap in a WoO show at Granite City in '80 with a wingless car built by Bob Trostle that had a buggy spring front!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Robert ran the full USAC sprint series in 2015.