Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Eldora Dirt Late Model Dream

I just want to say that with the Dream coming up we might only see 50 to 60 cars show but should this race have modifieds or a support class with it or be a 1 day show?

No, and No.....

Can have as many cars as you want but only what, 24 start?

I like the idea of having modifieds run a dream style race ......I like modifieds though, not everyone does.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

There will be more than 50-60 cars.

I'd like to see Eldora run a big $40k or 50k to win event for crates. The only problem is several of the big boys would jump in a crate car and crash the party.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

What surprises me is that it used to seem many of the local tracks (at least in my area of Illinois) used to take the Eldora weekends off so fans/racers could attend races out there. Now most every track has races the same weekend/s. Is Eldora no longer the powerhouse it used to be, or is it more about the cost involved with travelling out there/taking time off/etc.?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I'd like to see Eldora run a big $40k or 50k to win event for crates. The only problem is several of the big boys would jump in a crate car and crash the party.
    I'd like to see Eldora do that for Open Wheel Modifieds $50,000 to win & $2,500-$3,000 to start would bring cars out of the woods. Have a 3 day format like they do for the World 100 weekend.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    What surprises me is that it used to seem many of the local tracks (at least in my area of Illinois) used to take the Eldora weekends off so fans/racers could attend races out there. Now most every track has races the same weekend/s. Is Eldora no longer the powerhouse it used to be, or is it more about the cost involved with travelling out there/taking time off/etc.?
    It is the opposite for me. Some did take off for World, but not Dream. Now, everyone is closed for both.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    There will be more than 50-60 cars.
    I think 70ish.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Couple tracks here would give them the night off for the Dream and run sprints but none of the locals would go maybe 1 or 2. So they just stopped doing it long ago.

Eldora shouldn't have support divisions. Ever. That's just more unnecessary laps on the track. Horrible idea. Secondly, you want to run 5 features and a ton of heat races all in 1 day? That's one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen on here.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 05-21-2017 at 06:23 PM.

There will be more than 50-60 cars. I expect 25-30 for the show this weekend, as long as they don't throw in anymore unexpected rules in the next few days. Between that and all the races that were going on the same weekend as the opener is why there were only 14 cars last time. They will get 80-100 for the dream.

Earl would turn over in his grave putting a support class with one of his babies no way that will ever happen.

I'm all for having a big mod or crate show any other time.....bring it on.

63 cars for the dream! Sad to say Eldora is living on its past! That's never a good thing. The modified and street stock count is way down also. There is no incentive any longer if your a local to commit to Eldora, the payout is extremely weak and they pay little to nothing to win track championship and have way to many open dates. The modifieds have committed to Waynesfield and their really isn't very many locals with late models anyways. They used to have 10 to 12 cars every alms race come down from Michigan, no longer and the ethanol series pays a whole lot better thru the field than the alms. I'm not all for bankrupting tracks to increase payout, but Eldora can afford a whole lot more than the meager purses they pay out. Perfect example this year, I live 40 minutes from the track loyal to Eldora for the opener to see a lousy 14 car late model race 15 mods, for 18 bucks-pathetic. Several guys I work with went down to Florence and saw an incredible race for the spring 50. Then a few weeks later I take my kids to Eldora for what was even worse than opening night. 15 bucks for 15 mods, 19 bombers and 27 compacts. really, Eldora cant put on a better show than that. The ump nationals this year pays a pathetic 5000 to win for late models. on that same weekend the ethanol series is paying 10,000 to win up in Michigan, so expect a weak turnout for the ump nationals. You cant live on your reputation forever. They always refer to the big e as hallowed grounds, its close to being that in more ways than one! Sorry for the novel, and I'm a guy who loves Eldora and has been a loyal Eldora guy for 27 years but the writing is on the wall!
    Last edited by play4kps; 05-21-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Someone said before $2k to win LM race at Eldora was basically a slap in the face

Having a support class on the Dream or World weekends would be the single worst move Eldora could make

I am not sure what the issue is here. There are always plenty of cars. Love the format. What is not too like??? I hate insert Bloomie into this thread, but is he able to race there? I do not follow the latest news, but I am just curious. I guess one or two others might still be in the same situation. Right? Wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I like the idea of having modifieds run a dream style race ......I like modifieds though, not everyone does.

I like the bb mods but im good w any mod show.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

This article was even shared by several Eldora racers!
    http://dirtunlimited.com/2017/05/04/...local-drivers/

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    There will be more than 50-60 cars. I expect 25-30 for the show this weekend, as long as they don't throw in anymore unexpected rules in the next few days. Between that and all the races that were going on the same weekend as the opener is why there were only 14 cars last time. They will get 80-100 for the dream.

Earl would turn over in his grave putting a support class with one of his babies no way that will ever happen.

I'm all for having a big mod or crate show any other time.....bring it on.
    Earl used to run the Eldora stocks on the Friday qualifying night back in the day...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1