Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The point is, if u come to Eldora for the dream and the world 100 only. You don't see the mess and lack of racing that Eldora is doing. If you have a home track that u go to weekly and had dismal car counts for 15 bucks, I don't anybody would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I am not sure what the issue is here. There are always plenty of cars. Love the format. What is not too like??? I hate insert Bloomie into this thread, but is he able to race there? I do not follow the latest news, but I am just curious. I guess one or two others might still be in the same situation. Right? Wrong?
    He is allowed. Only one still not off the bad list is the Best Motorsports team.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    63 cars for the dream! Sad to say Eldora is living on its past! That's never a good thing. The modified and street stock count is way down also. There is no incentive any longer if your a local to commit to Eldora, the payout is extremely weak and they pay little to nothing to win track championship and have way to many open dates. The modifieds have committed to Waynesfield and their really isn't very many locals with late models anyways. They used to have 10 to 12 cars every alms race come down from Michigan, no longer and the ethanol series pays a whole lot better thru the field than the alms. I'm not all for bankrupting tracks to increase payout, but Eldora can afford a whole lot more than the meager purses they pay out. Perfect example this year, I live 40 minutes from the track loyal to Eldora for the opener to see a lousy 14 car late model race 15 mods, for 18 bucks-pathetic. Several guys I work with went down to Florence and saw an incredible race for the spring 50. Then a few weeks later I take my kids to Eldora for what was even worse than opening night. 15 bucks for 15 mods, 19 bombers and 27 compacts. really, Eldora cant put on a better show than that. The ump nationals this year pays a pathetic 5000 to win for late models. on that same weekend the ethanol series is paying 10,000 to win up in Michigan, so expect a weak turnout for the ump nationals. You cant live on your reputation forever. They always refer to the big e as hallowed grounds, its close to being that in more ways than one! Sorry for the novel, and I'm a guy who loves Eldora and has been a loyal Eldora guy for 27 years but the writing is on the wall!
    Some good points here.

2k to win a LM race there is a slap in the face to the LM guys. Its also a slap in the face that the points fund in all classes is 2k to win. Eldora needs to change something for sure. But I don't see that happening. Slack is only interested in the bigger shows and he has made that very clear.

Slack is a joke, Tony needs to find a new GM. Or maybe Stewart only wants the big shows also to and doesn't care about the weekend warriors that built that place.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    He is allowed. Only one still not off the bad list is the Best Motorsports team.
    OK, good for the fans. Me not so much. LOL
    Just kidding. I want all the top driver at every event.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    OK, good for the fans. Me not so much. LOL
    Just kidding. I want all the top driver at every event.
    All good. You like who like and you dislike who you dislike, just how we are. Gotta have an opinion on stuff, or you're just I dunno, a push over, agree with everyone but in your heart you really do have an opinion.

And yeah, I like it more when all the big names are at an event of the magnitude of The World 100 or Dream.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I'd like to see Eldora do that for Open Wheel Modifieds $50,000 to win & $2,500-$3,000 to start would bring cars out of the woods. Have a 3 day format like they do for the World 100 weekend.
    over 100 mods for the UMP Modified nationals - even with the low payout

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    over 100 mods for the UMP Modified nationals - even with the low payout
    I know. I go every year. Just would like to see a big event for Modifieds like this at Eldora..
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

5000 for modifieds is not a weak purse! Besides the good thing about is they race for 3 or 4 days. The sad thing is Eldora just takes more and more away from the locals, less dates, no BOSS races. they took the NRA SPRINTS off the show next week, still 15 bucks plus 3 for your seat. the 4 crown used to pay 10,000 for all 4 features and a bonus 10,000 for a sweep when earl owned it! Now the 4 crown pays crap, still high admission price and a whole lot less cars. rarely a full field of midgets and silver crowns. I read they pay 2000 dollars for the Late model track championship, are you kidding me. I would be ashamed as a track promoter and or owner to pay such a low amount for a track that they refer to as hallowed grounds and a prestigious place to win a race. Come on Tony, take charge, Waynesfield, Atomic, Florence, Oakshade, are kicking you butt! Eldora is getting closer to resembling the old kilkare or shady bowl!

To those who want Mods and Crates that bad, you are helping destroy the LM class. I don't support the local track when they don't have LM's. That is just playing into their hands.

Worse yet! let this sink in, if you live close to Eldora and love Late models, there wont be a late model at Eldora this year basically all summer! from June 11th to Sept 2, no late models at the big e! let that sink in! And the UMP modifieds only have 2 dates scheduled between May 28 and Sept 3. And the people wonder where the cars are! What incentive is there to build a car for Eldora or commit to the track!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Earl used to run the Eldora stocks on the Friday qualifying night back in the day...
    "Back in the day" must be pre-1991. I have never seen another class there at the World and the Dream.

Well the good thing is that's a mute point because they have meaningful races thurs and Friday before the dream and world 100. But I also remember bombers on the Friday after qualifying!

Eldora should not headline shows with ump modifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    To those who want Mods and Crates that bad, you are helping destroy the LM class. I don't support the local track when they don't have LM's. That is just playing into their hands.
    Modifieds are a viable class in their own right. No problem with them having races IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My first trip was 1986. I saw them do it several times. By 91, the World 100 was 20 years old.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Earl used to run the Eldora stocks on the Friday qualifying night back in the day...
    Yup, sure did.....he must not have thought it to be such a terrible idea after all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My first trip was 1986. I saw them do it several times. By 91, the World 100 was 20 years old.
    The youngsters just want what they want these days.....don't dare question their logic, they are our future leadersahahahahahahahahahahal

Sorry couldn't hold it in.

I like the sport and art and action of racing in general........I love the supers for sure, I also love the mods and street stocks.....I'm just not married to the idea of only watching the late models.

One of the absolute best races I have seen all year so far was a pure stock battle as an undercard of regular racing combined into a show with a national super latemodel field of stoutness.
    Passing galore racing galore and some wicked ballzy moves ......I just love a good race, class be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.

But that's just me maybe.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It's pretty much a joke for Eldora to even claim to have a track championship in Late Models. They only have Them scheduled for 6 events this year. 10 total races if you count the Thursday and Friday night features. Do they get points from these towards the track championship?

Not too familiar with the other tracks in the area but do any of them run classes that would be legal for the drivers that have Eldora stocks? Really sucks for them over the years to go from 17-18 races to 6-8.