Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    1. Ok sorry, he was wearing a HANS device, unfortunately it wasn't attached. That's a FACT! I never blamed his size or his equipment being up to par. I just stated the truth about his size and seat not having left side head support. And the reason for that is, the same reason other bigger drivers don't have that on their seat is for the fact they have a real hard time getting out of the car in case of a fire. FACT. That's not being dis-respectful it's just flat out the truth. Everything I stated is FACTS. Not one rumor! Were you there on the track during this tragic event? Did you go to School with Shane? If so, maybe you knew Doughboy better than me.
    I have seen others post he didn't have a broken neck. Made me believe the door plates were because of him. Sure would be nice for racers to actually be able to learn something from a tragedy instead of just being fed new rules with zero test data or understanding.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I just seen on Rockets facebook page. That they now have the XR1 Rocket Intrusion plates available that are required to run Eldora now.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    I just seen on Rockets facebook page. That they now have the XR1 Rocket Intrusion plates available that are required to run Eldora now.
    Rocket is quick to capitalize on any new stuff. Well run business, regardless of other feelings.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Now the guys that welded them for the first race have to go back, do more work to get things ready for the next race. It should've been like this from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Now the guys that welded them for the first race have to go back, do more work to get things ready for the next race. It should've been like this from the beginning.
    Or just call it good.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I did not go to school with Shane but I did know him pretty well. I was not on the track during the accident but was told by Shad he did indeed have a HANS device on. Wow I struck a nerve there. Yes he was a big man but no proof that had anything to do with the outcome of the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Rocket is quick to capitalize on any new stuff. Well run business, regardless of other feelings.
    As much as I would like to disagree with you because of my personal feelings for Mark, you are absolutely correct about their business model.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't hear any complaints about $2 beer and cheap food?

No big deal about a high speed track requiring a metal plate on the driver side. IMCA has required drivers and chassis builders to install a metal plate on the driver side bars for all IMCA Mods for at least 10 years. The plate prevents sharp objects from puncturing the driver.