CARNESVILLE, GA – The 12th Annual FASTRAK Triple Crown is triple again, as former North Carolina dirt track promoter and dirt late model competitor Tony Hicks has agreed to lease 311 Motor Speedway in Pine Hall, NC and promote the first jewel of the Triple Crown with the 40-lap $2,500-to-win, $250-to-start Bill Hicks Sr. Memorial this Friday night.

The Bill Hicks Sr. Memorial this Friday night at 311 Motor Speedway will join a 40-lap $2,000-to-win, $250-to-start race on Saturday night at Princeton Speedway in Princeton, WV, and a 50-lap $3,000-to-win, $275-to-start race on Sunday night at Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, VA as events that make up the 12th Annual FASTRAK Triple Crown.

“I’m pretty well-known around here, so I think we’ll get enough support to pull this off with short notice,” Hicks said. “311 Motor Speedway Owner Mike Fulp worked with me to make this happen. The track hasn’t been raced on in three years, but I’ve looked at the race track, and it looks good. We shouldn’t have any trouble at all having a good track to race on.”

Hicks said the FASTRAK Triple Crown should have three races, and he wanted to find a way to keep that tradition alive with the Friday night 311 Motor Speedway race. The Friday night race was originally scheduled for Beckley Motorsports Park in Beckley, WV, but that race was cancelled last week.

“This is going to be a great Triple Crown because there is going to be three races in three states with one Champion,” Hicks said. “Mike Fulp has done a great job getting the track ready, both the racing surface and the facilities. We’re looking forward to opening the gates on Friday night, and putting on a great show the fans.”

There will be a Practice Session on Thursday night at 311 Motor Speedway from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to the FASTRAK Pro Late Models, there will also be three local racing divisions in action on Friday night with the 602 Modifieds paying $700-to-win, the Stock 4s paying 350-to-win, and the Ucar Division paying $350-to-win.

"I am excited to help Stan Lester make this a true Triple Crown, also I’m excited to help open up a great NC race track,” Hicks said. “But above all, I am excited to do this in memory of my father Bill Hicks Sr. and the sport he loved so much. We look forward to working with the premier crate series and reuniting the 311 faithful with the track they call home.

FASTRAK Founder and CEO Stan Lester is really appreciative of Hicks stepping up to the plate, and taking a chance to put on a race in such short notice. Not only is Lester happy to once again have a true FASTRAK Triple Crown Championship for the 12th straight year, but he is also happy the race has a special reason.

"I just appreciate Tony being willing to step up and hold this even,” Lester said. “I am quite honored that he is holding this event in memory of his father, and everyone needs to come out to 311 Motor Speedway on Friday night just for that reason alone."

On Friday night, gates open at 4 p.m. with FASTRAK Pre-Race Registration and Technical Inspection from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The Drivers Meeting is set for 6:30 p.m. with Hot Laps and Racing to follow.

311 Motor Speedway is located at 4390 U.S. Highway 311, Pine Hall, NC 27042. For more information call 336-413-0744, or visit the track web site at www.311motorspeedway.net. You can also Follow them on Facebook at 311 Speedway, and on Twitter @311_mike.

Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_SE and/or @FASTRAK_MOV on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

THE 2017 MARKETING PARTNERS FOR THE FASTRAK RACING SERIES ARE CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE, HOOSIER RACING TIRE, VP RACING FUEL, BEYEA HEADERS, ROCKET CHASSIS, TNT RACE CARS, ARIZONA SPORT SHIRTS, SIMPSON SAFETY EQUIPMENT, SAFECRAFT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS, ROCK AUTO.COM, AND THOMAS CLARKE PERFORMANCE.