Default RIP Nicky Hayden

I know this is a dirt late model site, but i would feel amiss if did not mention the passing of one of America's most talented motorcycle rider's. He was a tremendous talent and will be sadly missed. I followed him when he ran the AMA flat track to SuperBike to MotoGp to World SuperBike. I know in this 4M crowd there are plenty of 2 wheeled fans who probably enjoyed his talent as well. RIP Nicky🏁

Very much a shame. A life is a life, but one of the few successful Americans in Moto GP, such a bummer. Even more so that he had to suffer and fight at the very end.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    I know this is a dirt late model site, but i would feel amiss if did not mention the passing of one of America's most talented motorcycle rider's. He was a tremendous talent and will be sadly missed. I followed him when he ran the AMA flat track to SuperBike to MotoGp to World SuperBike. I know in this 4M crowd there are plenty of 2 wheeled fans who probably enjoyed his talent as well. RIP Nicky
    He is the main reason I watch AMA and MotoGP. The last few years in FIM World Super Bikes was cut way to short because of some idiot in a car.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    I know this is a dirt late model site, but i would feel amiss if did not mention the passing of one of America's most talented motorcycle rider's. He was a tremendous talent and will be sadly missed. I followed him when he ran the AMA flat track to SuperBike to MotoGp to World SuperBike. I know in this 4M crowd there are plenty of 2 wheeled fans who probably enjoyed his talent as well. RIP Nicky
    Thanks for posting. Met Nicky back in 02 when he won the Peoria Grand National TT race. More than a racer. He was a GREAT person. Rest in Peace Nicky Hayden 1981-2017
    8/13/16

One of my favorite Nicky pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    One of my favorite Nicky pics.
    That's bad ass....hope you don't mind, I saved the image and now it's my desktop.

Very cool, sorry to here of his suffering as he passed.....that's hard to see and much harder to endure I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing that photo.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That's bad ass....hope you don't mind, I saved the image and now it's my desktop.

Very cool, sorry to here of his suffering as he passed.....that's hard to see and much harder to endure I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing that photo.

Absolutely, I seen him race many times, Peoria, Springfield etc.

Awesome pic Ptown, makes me smile man!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    He is the main reason I watch AMA and MotoGP. The last few years in FIM World Super Bikes was cut way to short because of some idiot in a car.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't the cars fault I belive Nicky ran through a stop sign

Quote Originally Posted by jshawn81 View Post
    There's always one.....

Quote Originally Posted by jshawn81 View Post
    They don't have definitive proof yet as to what happened. But there is high quality surveillance footage from a nearby residence.

RIP Nicky, one of the only Moto riders I knew of besides Rossi. Dang shame. At least he was able to accomplish quite a bit in his short life.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The Kentucky Kid that came from nothing to one of the greatest of all time. I'm just as big of a 2 wheel flat track guy as I am a LM guy. I always followed Nicky back in his dirt track racing days and always enjoyed watching him. I also had the opportunity to meet him at our local county fair, which is a 1/2 mile pea gravel track back in 97 or 98 when he won as a 15 or 16 year old. He was a great young man and full of life...... RIP #69 #thekentuckykid

It's amazing how many great racers came out of ownesboro KY
    Last edited by tsand; 05-25-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    It's amazing how many get racers came out of ownesboro KY
    It's freaking insane, 100% agree.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I thought this one was cool. His brother Roger made a post on Instagram that was tear jerker, but also made you laugh.

I don't watch much pavement 2 wheeled racing, what he done was something it seemed no one else could, and it should inspire some others. I do think it's cool the racing family always bond in these situations, even though it's never a good thing when it happens.

RIP "Kentucky Kid"...
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...