Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"It will be like the second coming of woodstock."

God I hope not. '94 and '99 were so over commercialized. '94 was awful with the lack of security and muddy mess that existed. The thought was that the '94 version was as bad as it could get until Woodstock '99 got rolling and said; "hold my beer." When compared to one another '94 wasn't bad at all....'99 was that bad.

Talking regional and even though it doesn't get any out of staters but Wood Tic at Merritt Speedway.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    World 100DreamKnoxvilleNorth-SouthToplessShow-MeDTWCUSA Natl'sFirecrackerPDCSilver Dollar Natl's (53,000 to win)
    Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Agreed. This is a very accurate list.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I agree. That's a very accurate list. I would love to have seen the HAT Shootout keep growing. I think back in the late 90's early 2000's it was on a path to become a Crown Jewel type race. It was gaining history, and had an amazing payout. Here's the purse breakdown in 2000...That's crown jewel numbers. Total Purse is $205,000 * Fast Qualifier - $3,000 * Isky Dash - $13,075 * Consolation Races - $7,500 ($600 to the first non-transfer spot, and $100 to start) * Mickey's Big Bonus - $25,000 Steve Francis is the only driver eligible for this award, having won the July HAT event at Dixie. If Francis wins the Shootout, he earns Mickey's Big Bonus. (Dale McDowell is the only driver who has ever won Mickey's Big Bonus, which was $20,000 last year. Dixie Speedway owner Mickey Swims increased it to $25,000 this year.) * Shootout Race Purse: $156,425 * Winner's Share: $53,000 ($2,500 to start) Shootout Winners
    I also agree this is a very good and accurate list.I do know the PDC was listed as a Crown Jewel by WOO series. Also, if you're going to put them in a "3-tier" system as Hoosier Dirt did, the PDC has to be in that 2nd tier list. I seen where JD is listed as having 10 Crown Jewel wins in 2015. That would take care of most of this list.

The Shootout would've been better at Rome. The drivers back then agreed. Dixie then and now, 90% of the time one groove.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Next year the Pittsburgher is turning 30

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I also agree this is a very good and accurate list.I do know the PDC was listed as a Crown Jewel by WOO series. Also, if you're going to put them in a "3-tier" system as Hoosier Dirt did, the PDC has to be in that 2nd tier list. I seen where JD is listed as having 10 Crown Jewel wins in 2015. That would take care of most of this list.
    DoD factors cell service and restaurant selection into their crown jewel list.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I agree with the guy who said there are also regional and local Crown Jewels as well for example if your in my neck of the woods in wissota county winning the wissota 100 is huge or the Imca nationals at Boone

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I agree. That's a very accurate list. I would love to have seen the HAT Shootout keep growing. I think back in the late 90's early 2000's it was on a path to become a Crown Jewel type race. It was gaining history, and had an amazing payout. Here's the purse breakdown in 2000...That's crown jewel numbers.

Total Purse is $205,000 * Fast Qualifier - $3,000 * Isky Dash - $13,075 * Consolation Races - $7,500 ($600 to the first non-transfer spot, and $100 to start) * Mickey's Big Bonus - $25,000 Steve Francis is the only driver eligible for this award, having won the July HAT event at Dixie. If Francis wins the Shootout, he earns Mickey's Big Bonus. (Dale McDowell is the only driver who has ever won Mickey's Big Bonus, which was $20,000 last year. Dixie Speedway owner Mickey Swims increased it to $25,000 this year.)

* Shootout Race Purse: $156,425 * Winner's Share: $53,000 ($2,500 to start) Shootout Winners
    Wow, good memories. What could've been! I would say at least World, Dream, DTWC as Crown Jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    The Shootout would've been better at Rome. The drivers back then agreed. Dixie then and now, 90% of the time one groove.
    I agree. We went to the Shootout every year from 94-00, and it wasn't racy at too many of those. Although 95' is probably most memorable, since it was the night of the "cornfield" comment that Bloomquist made.......and that probably is why he got penalized the following year on a very questionable call at Atomic (The real one).