FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 23, 2017

Ricky Weiss Surges to Crossville Cash; Busy Memorial Day Weekend Next

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (05/23/17) – On Friday night at Crossville Speedway Ricky Weiss made a last-lap surge in his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7 The Orthopaedic Institute of Western Kentucky/ Longhorn Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model. His efforts would be handsomely rewarded with a thrilling $4,000 payday with the Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals.

"We just never gave up. We kept digging, and on the final lap I could see I had a chance to get past Brandon [Overton],” Weiss said. “This is a big win for our team and hopefully we can build on it with more wins this year. Thanks to my team and all of my sponsors.”

On Friday night Ricky invaded Crossville Speedway (Crossville, Tennessee) for the Schaeffer Oil Spring Nationals sanctioned program. With 23 Super Late Models registered for action at the high-banked oval, Weiss timed in fifth fastest in qualifying, which positioned him on the third row for the 40-lap feature. Working into a podium position early in the caution-plagued A-Main, Weiss slipped past race-leader Brandon Overton on the final lap to pick up his first win of the season. Overton, Shannon Buckingham, David Payne, and Michael Chilton completed the Top 5. Ricky was awarded a $4,000 payday for his last-lap pass for the win.

Saturday night brought Weiss to Richmond Raceway (Richmond, Kentucky) for the Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series-sanctioned Mike Roland Memorial. Earning the 12th-starting position for the $10,000-to-win A-Main via preliminary events, Ricky jumped up one spot in the 50-lap affair, posting an 11th place outing.

For more results from these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Ricky now turns his attention to a tripleheader Memorial Day weekend with the Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals. Action opens on Friday evening with a $4,000-to-win event at Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Georgia). On Saturday night the team will travel to Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) for a $5,000-to-win program before wrapping up the weekend on Sunday evening at Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia) with a $6,000-to-win event.

Ricky is fifth in the latest series standings. For more information on weekend’s races, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, The Orthopaedic Institute of Western Kentucky, All Rig Towing, Hands On Excavating Inc., Allied Roofing Inc., Forest Flying Services, Keewatin Truck Service, J&C Trucking, Cousins Farms, Turk Enterprises, Eibach Springs, Metalz In Motion, Wulff Pumps, New Vision Graphics, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Schaeffer Oil, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .