Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucas at I-80

He's been running strong. I look for him to win one or two of the bigger races this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I have Cam as a Facebook friend, and he posted something about it. I had been watching it on the monitor, he was just as fast Scott was lap time wise. Hopefully he isn't banged up too bad.

I just seen his wife said he had been released from the hospital. I'll be curious to see if he goes on to wheatland or brings it home. She didn't mention if there was a diagnosis of a concussion or anything of that nature.
    He was definitely just as fast as Bloomer.

Based on the Lucas oil write up he did go to the hospital and was released after scans didn't find anything.

I thought ole snort was washed up....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jbinlincoln View Post
    A few notes from last night... 1. That was a FAST track. Huge props to Steve & Joe K. for continuing with prep after the 5:00 shower came through. Honestly, it was pretty lucky those other small rain showers in the area missed the track. Those scattered showers were persistent across Eastern Nebraska all afternoon. The black dirt really holds moisture, and it made for a good two-groove surface by feature time. Quick 10 minute track preps between sessions rolled the middle & top in well. 2. For the feature, you could tell pretty quick there were three cars that were the class of the field. Bloomquist had his typical maneuverable car in the corners, always smooth and able to hook up quicker than anyone else. Marlar also had a good car, and I think it would've been a helluva feature if he wouldn't have gotten dinged by a chunk of mud. His stop in turn 4 was abrupt, and when he climbed out & took off his helmet, it was obvious something struck him. Ziegler as really fast, as well...impressive for his first time at I-80. He rode what cushion was there, and did it better than anyone else. With the attrition of the rest of the field, and frequent cautions, lap traffic was never really a factor for him to use to catch up with Bloomquist. 3. I believe Chris Simpson would've most definitely posted a top 5 finish (perhaps higher), based on his early laps. As he caught a great run off of turn 2, he was passing Hudson O'neal on the outside. O'Neal corrected his slide out of turn 2 a little too much, and clipped Simpson's left rear quarter, instantly spinning and launching the 32 as his car dug in the heavy track. It was a violent ride, and fortunately he came out of it okay. That particular Longhorn had been really good to Simpson, and it's unfortunate he can't take it to Wheatland for the weekend. I think he was a serious contender with that car for the Show-Me. We'll see how his backup car performs. As for the incident, whether or not Hudson is at serious fault is a bit of a question. Likely one of those racing deals, but with the torque guys were getting coming out of turn two, any over-correction could mean clipping somebody. 4. The action on restarts behind Bloomquist throughout the race were insane. Bold moves by all of the to 7-8 cars were a lot of fun to watch. A couple of really close calls on sliders in 3-wide traffic were pretty hairy. The way the track was looking, it was more like Eldora than I'd ever seen. Good stuff. 5. Josh Richards struggled mightily throughout the night. Granted, it was his first time at I-80, but that didn't seem to slow down Mason Ziegler. In his B-main race, Josh's car seemed to be really tight. Others noted seeing him make frequent trips to the bathroom throughout the night, so who knows... With the attrition of the field, he was able to salvage a respectable finish on an otherwise forgettable night. 6. Quick note on Jesse Sobbing. I understand he was shaking down a new car (previous owner Jesse Stovall), running a 525 Crate motor. Sobbing is focused on running the Malvern Bank and IMCA Deery Brothers Series for 2017. No serious contention whatsoever, but that wasn't the point of him running last night. Would I like to see what he could do with a big motor with a field like that? Of course. So would he. Soon enough, I imagine.
    Thank you JB, that is an outstanding first post, you should be writing pieces for DOD.

Must've needed that win to stock up on Crown for the big weekend.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by jbinlincoln View Post

A few notes from last night...
    1. That was a FAST track. Huge props to Steve & Joe K. for continuing with prep after the 5:00 shower came through. Honestly, it was pretty lucky those other small rain showers in the area missed the track. Those scattered showers were persistent across Eastern Nebraska all afternoon. The black dirt really holds moisture, and it made for a good two-groove surface by feature time. Quick 10 minute track preps between sessions rolled the middle & top in well.
    2. For the feature, you could tell pretty quick there were three cars that were the class of the field. Bloomquist had his typical maneuverable car in the corners, always smooth and able to hook up quicker than anyone else. Marlar also had a good car, and I think it would've been a helluva feature if he wouldn't have gotten dinged by a chunk of mud. His stop in turn 4 was abrupt, and when he climbed out & took off his helmet, it was obvious something struck him. Ziegler as really fast, as well...impressive for his first time at I-80. He rode what cushion was there, and did it better than anyone else. With the attrition of the rest of the field, and frequent cautions, lap traffic was never really a factor for him to use to catch up with Bloomquist.
    3. I believe Chris Simpson would've most definitely posted a top 5 finish (perhaps higher), based on his early laps. As he caught a great run off of turn 2, he was passing Hudson O'neal on the outside. O'Neal corrected his slide out of turn 2 a little too much, and clipped Simpson's left rear quarter, instantly spinning and launching the 32 as his car dug in the heavy track. It was a violent ride, and fortunately he came out of it okay. That particular Longhorn had been really good to Simpson, and it's unfortunate he can't take it to Wheatland for the weekend. I think he was a serious contender with that car for the Show-Me. We'll see how his backup car performs. As for the incident, whether or not Hudson is at serious fault is a bit of a question. Likely one of those racing deals, but with the torque guys were getting coming out of turn two, any over-correction could mean clipping somebody.
    4. The action on restarts behind Bloomquist throughout the race were insane. Bold moves by all of the to 7-8 cars were a lot of fun to watch. A couple of really close calls on sliders in 3-wide traffic were pretty hairy. The way the track was looking, it was more like Eldora than I'd ever seen. Good stuff.
    5. Josh Richards struggled mightily throughout the night. Granted, it was his first time at I-80, but that didn't seem to slow down Mason Ziegler. In his B-main race, Josh's car seemed to be really tight. Others noted seeing him make frequent trips to the bathroom throughout the night, so who knows... With the attrition of the field, he was able to salvage a respectable finish on an otherwise forgettable night.
    6. Quick note on Jesse Sobbing. I understand he was shaking down a new car (previous owner Jesse Stovall), running a 525 Crate motor. Sobbing is focused on running the Malvern Bank and IMCA Deery Brothers Series for 2017. No serious contention whatsoever, but that wasn't the point of him running last night. Would I like to see what he could do with a big motor with a field like that? Of course. So would he. Soon enough, I imagine."

jbinlincoln: great report! can't find your post anywhere, but don't go away. we need all of these we can get here. well done!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Marlar is definatly a threat. Get well soon
    I got word that Marlar is on his way to wheatland.