Default New format for the Prairie Dirt Classic announced

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Not bad. Looks to be a good format as far as I'm consigned. Little bit more racing to.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Awesome......Friday night four 25 lap races for $2500 each, top 4 to the feature.

Still won't see
    Me there and I know I won't be missed

Everyone talks about how great the racing surface is at this track and I don't doubt it's true, will they have any trouble keeping it in good shape all night? I think it's great they want to add more racing.

They should be able to keep it in shape. They also aren't afraid to come out & work the track during the show. They put plenty of H20 in it before the races start. I think this new format will be really good. Gives more time for things to develop & a guy that didn't qualify good to come from say 10th starting spot up to the front or at least to make the direct transfer in the top 4.

I know I'd rather watch four 25 lap races than six 15 lap heat races. I liked the plan FALS had with 15 lap heats instead of the typical 10 lap sprints. As close a times these guys are turning, it's hard to make ground in 10 laps. Four 25 lap qualifiers should make for some great racing. Great idea.
    As far as the track surface, like Chathamracefan said, those guys sometimes rework the track numerous times per night. I don't see that as being any kind of issue.
    A couple weeks ago, for the ALMS race, it started out bottom dominate. Track crew made some minor track prep adjustments and by feature time, the top and bottom were pretty equal. That's what you strive for in a track surface and this place usually gets it right.
    8/13/16

I'm a bit bummed that the Friday fan race seems to be gone, I thought that was a great idea with the drivers drawing for starts and getting to pass on the bad spots to other drivers. But, I like the idea of the 4 features on Friday. Even if you qualify bad you still have a shot to get to the front in a 25 lapper.

That's what Rigsby was pushing for...25 lap features because the fans attention span is too short.

I think it's a great format. I used to love the twin 25s they ran back when I was a kid. Four will be even better. It adds something unique to the weekend. More power to 'em.

They finally announced it! I had mentioned something about this a month ago. Glad to see it "official" now. Fans get to see a total of 200 laps for 5 features, and that doesn't include the B-mains. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    I'm a bit bummed that the Friday fan race seems to be gone, I thought that was a great idea with the drivers drawing for starts and getting to pass on the bad spots to other drivers. But, I like the idea of the 4 features on Friday. Even if you qualify bad you still have a shot to get to the front in a 25 lapper.
    The fan race was nothing but a popularity contest, thank god its history now if they'd just leave the anthem singing con man in Chicago and let a local high schooler sing the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    The fan race was nothing but a popularity contest, thank god its history now if they'd just leave the anthem singing con man in Chicago and let a local high schooler sing the anthem.

Best 9 hours we travel to see a race the last 2 years.

Thumbs up

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
    Fairbury, Illinois
    www.fairburyspeedway.com
    Prairie Dirt Classic Flyer

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-24-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1