Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Your chassis isn't supposed to flex. Your chassis acting as a giant spring does bad things to the handling.

Tell that to anyone that had a GRT computer car.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    Ain't that the truth! I know where one is if anyone would like to prove the non-flex is better theory.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    Ain't that the truth! I know where one is if anyone would like to prove the non-flex is better theory.
    Why would anyone want an undampened spring? A balanced setup will produce almost no chassis flex.Chassis flex just makes the car less sensitive to adjustments.

Zach51 it is blatantly obvious you have absolutely zero knowledge of race cars. Stay in the bleachers.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Zach51 it is blatantly obvious you have absolutely zero knowledge of race cars. Stay in the bleachers.
    So who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I think we are missing the bigger point of this. Last I checked, Eldora is a UMP track. UMP preaches they brought standardized rules to Dirt LM. It's one of the reasons, promoters should have a UMP track and why racers should race at a UMP track.

Eldora gets special treatment anyway, as they never lost their UMP sanction or race dates for allowing a Best car to run at their track. Now they get to make rules that do not conform to other UMP tracks. I think someone should wake up and take care of business in a fair and impartial manor. Seems like here lately, any group can make their own rule, with out consulting with the others. It used to be setteled at PRI show, long before the season starts.
    Bubstr, it's got nothing to do with Eldora getting special treatment. It's got nothing to do with making their own rules. It has everything to do with Eldora's new insurance policies. I'm not going to write a book here on the subject, but I'll start with just about every dirt track east of the Mississippi River, north to south is insured by K&K. Tony and Eldora are with a much bigger company, with much stricter guide lines. That's the reason for the addition of the door plate. There is some news about it on their website. Anyone who enters the pit area has this insurance available to them for a fee. Drivers, owners, crew and spectators. Same deal as NASCAR. The last sentence should be enough for everyone here to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Bubstr, it's got nothing to do with Eldora getting special treatment. It's got nothing to do with making their own rules. It has everything to do with Eldora's new insurance policies. I'm not going to write a book here on the subject, but I'll start with just about every dirt track east of the Mississippi River, north to south is insured by K&K. Tony and Eldora are with a much bigger company, with much stricter guide lines. That's the reason for the addition of the door plate. There is some news about it on their website. Anyone who enters the pit area has this insurance available to them for a fee. Drivers, owners, crew and spectators. Same deal as NASCAR. The last sentence should be enough for everyone here to understand.
    You can easily say, it has nothing to do with special treatment, but, everyone sees a special track that wants special insurance and wants it's racers to pay for it, with a special door plate. Standard rules keeps the remaining racers going. Up until recently, a racer could race anywhere with the same rules.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    if u got some knowledge an a credible source enlighten us how much change is there i have no clue but it definitely add a variable
    Clean out your inbox George.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I think we are missing the bigger point of this. Last I checked, Eldora is a UMP track. UMP preaches they brought standardized rules to Dirt LM. It's one of the reasons, promoters should have a UMP track and why racers should race at a UMP track.

Eldora gets special treatment anyway, as they never lost their UMP sanction or race dates for allowing a Best car to run at their track. Now they get to make rules that do not conform to other UMP tracks. I think someone should wake up and take care of business in a fair and impartial manor. Seems like here lately, any group can make their own rule, with out consulting with the others. It used to be setteled at PRI show, long before the season starts.
    It was said the car could've been signed in under another name, unlike what happened at Lasalle and they just said best was a sponsor. I fully agree with what you're saying, but if they did indeed sign the car in under another name, there's nothing that can be done. That's something only eldora and the people involved with that car that weekend will know. I'll be curious to see if it's back for the Appleseed though.

Regardless, they're not going to take away the sanctioning away from there. $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Clean out your inbox George.

It was said the car could've been signed in under another name, unlike what happened at Lasalle and they just said best was a sponsor. I fully agree with what you're saying, but if they did indeed sign the car in under another name, there's nothing that can be done. That's something only eldora and the people involved with that car that weekend will know. I'll be curious to see if it's back for the Appleseed though.

Regardless, they're not going to take away the sanctioning away from there. $$$$$$
    should be empty now

Intrusion plates save lives. How can any driver racing at a high speed track like Eldora not understand that.

Most tracks here in WI have had the plate rule for many, many years.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Thumbs down Lost in the tall grass

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    Those were a case of mismatched chassis with aggressive suspension. The computer car probably would have made an outstanding "swing arm" chassis, but 4 link is far too aggressive for a platform that unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Your chassis isn't supposed to flex. Your chassis acting as a giant spring does bad things to the handling.
    Where have you been for the last 17 years, give or take? They gave up using suspension and springs in late 98' and it has only gotten worse. You have 2 solid rods holding up the LR, you have a solid bar you teeter from left to right on and the RF collapses onto a solid rubber bump stop and the chassis has been cut away to keep from dragging... If the chassis didn't flex they'd have nothing to absorb the sudden loads except the sidewall of the tires. What it amounts to is a series of crutches masquerading as high technology. They even had to switch from mild steel to Chromoly because it lasts longer with all the flexing, the next step(which is already underway) is Docul R8.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    PM me the particulars, I'd like one.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 05-26-2017 at 12:27 PM.

How in the world would anybody think that adding weight, even though it is just a few pounds, wouldn't mess with a car's percentages?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wehr's makes good stuff but this?

http://www.wehrsmachine.com/catalog/...roducts_id=993
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019