Default Regional drivers discuss the difficulties in racing under national series rules

http://insidedirtracing.com/regional...-series-rules/

Shanon Buckingham and Casey Roberts discuss racing among the national series and the difficulty those series have in writing a rule book that works for everyone.

Well I agree something has to be done I think you got to start with engines then go to shocks an tires I noticed that Lucas oil didn't have a full field at tazwell or duck river either one and not many over a full field at smokey mountain that should tell them something going to be real interesting to see how many are at the show me.

Now that the monster has been created, it will be hard, very hard to get it back into its cage.... A good start would be shocks, go back to factory sealed aluminum body shocks, (one per wheel) and get the body rules tightened up a bit. The nose centered, and square on the car with a minimum clearance, with the deck/spoiler centered. I shook my head as I watched the 39 car go down the straight on dod, and it was almost as crooked as the lumber I got from one of the big indoor lumber yards.... Std shocks will take acre of the motor issue..... Have a safe holiday weekend!!!
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 05-25-2017 at 07:00 AM.

From my personal opinion, I like the idea of a one shock per tire rule. Another thing may be taking the huge nose off these cars and going back to something smaller. Seeing the picture of a Rocket chassis race car from 10 years ago compared to BShepp's car this year amazed me at just how big the nose's have gotten on these cars.

I'm no expert and I'm just glad to have races to go to and get to work, but I fear where the dirt late model world heads getting more and more aero dependent.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

both these guys are better funded than me, so this article does not give me much hope, but i will keep plugging along as well. If they can figure out a way to limit the amount of money being spent without taking away a persons innovation, which is about all i have, then they MIGHT be on to something. I think JD and rumely put an end to personal innovation though....

Lightbulb

My suggestions for rule improvements. Now I'm not interested in making Super Late Model into a "Spec" series, we have those, but redrawing the boundary lines is needed.

1) Revoke the, "Rumley Rule".
    2) Noses - Smaller more stock shaped nose.
    3) Nose Mounting Level all the way across, max 6 inches from the ground.
    4) No bump stops.
    5) No Flat sides, must have brake running length of body.
    6) Rear quarters and decking tapper "IN" equally towards car center line.
    7) 1 shock per wheel. Any oil/gas based shocks. Adjustable ok. No remote adjust.
    8) Rear shocks must be mounted in front of Axel.
    9) C0ckpit decking must taper downward towards the front or be dropped. Beginning behind the driver to dash, 10-inch drop below the top of doors.
    10) FC seats optional, must use RS head rest and LS USAC style window net if std racing seat used.
    11) Wide bore engines over 380 cid, #2500.
    12) Open tire make and compound. Groove, sipe, etc RR ONLY. Must Race Feature on tires from Heat race. RR may be changed for feature.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 05-25-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Run what ya brung (as long as it has welded door plates)

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Run what ya brung (as long as it has welded door plates)
    and a 100# fire suppression system, and 10 air bags, and a titanium fuel cell with kevlar lining protecting an aerospace bladder, perhaps a windshield and wiper system for these dirt clod injuries...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yeah they need to just get rid of the cars and have the drivers get into those inflatable bubbles and roll around the track in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    My suggestions for rule improvements. Now I'm not interested in making Super Late Model into a "Spec" series, we have those, but redrawing the boundary lines is needed.

1) Revoke the, "Rumley Rule".
    2) Noses - Smaller more stock shaped nose.
    3) Nose Mounting Level all the way across, max 6 inches from the ground.
    4) No bump stops.
    5) No Flat sides, must have brake running length of body.
    6) Rear quarters and decking tapper "IN" equally towards car center line.
    7) 1 shock per wheel. Any oil/gas based shocks. Adjustable ok. No remote adjust.
    8) Rear shocks must be mounted in front of Axel.
    9) C0ckpit decking must taper downward towards the front or be dropped. Beginning behind the driver to dash, 10-inch drop below the top of doors.
    10) FC seats optional, must use RS head rest and LS USAC style window net if std racing seat used.
    12) Open tire make and compound. Groove, sipe, etc RR ONLY. Must Race Feature on tires from Heat race. RR may be changed for feature.
    i agree with most of your suggestions, except for taking away the bump stops, when you do that, you will have people going back to running the right front coil bound like we did years ago and that is dangerous. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Yeah they need to just get rid of the cars and have the drivers get into those inflatable bubbles and roll around the track in them.
    careful buddy, im to old for that, but then again i might could slip some exotic gas in there and get a little advantage.lol any way headed to the river to family reunion till monday , you guys and gals have a great memorial day and remember why we celebrate, catch yall next week.
    Last edited by fastford; 05-25-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Every rule ever created to "save racers money" has ended up costing them more in the long run, because A: it obsoletes perfectly good stuff that many racers have already spent lots of money on, and B: Money pours into reasearch and testing new stuff that somehow mimics that obsoleted stuff within the framework of the "more affordable" rules.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Now I'm not interested in making Super Late Model into a "Spec" series, we have those, but redrawing the boundary lines is needed.

Kinda contradicts your "not interested in making a super late model into your spec series" argument
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 05-25-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Every rule ever created to "save racers money" has ended up costing them more in the long run, because A: it obsoletes perfectly good stuff that many racers have already spent lots of money on, and B: Money pours into reasearch and testing new stuff that somehow mimics that obsoleted stuff within the framework of the "more affordable" rules.
    Huge bingo on that last part. Something mechanical, that a garage fabricator can build, should never be considered unfair tech.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i agree with most of your suggestions, except for taking away the bump stops, when you do that, you will have people going back to running the right front coil bound like we did years ago and that is dangerous. jmo
    Try running coil bound with the nose only 6 inches off the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Kinda contradicts your "not interested in making a super late model into your spec series" argument
    Hows that? You can still run whatever you want to... You could run a 434 18 degree at #2300 as an example.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 05-26-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Try running coil bound with the nose only 6 inches off the ground...
    Bumper that deflects easily.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Most rules where made for a parts Mfr or engine builder. Fast Ford is right, every new rule has cost the racer money. The Rumley devise rule, killed the chances of a poor racer ever making it big, forever. You now have to buy it, you can not make your own. When JD was having the banner year, I said enjoy it. Here was a team that made it's own engines and suspension parts and is about to be penalized for doing it on a budget. Everyone else that tries to do it on a budget got penalized with them.