Default Race track tarps?

I have never heard of a dirt track having tarps in case of rain, why? Has anyone ever seen a track use tarps?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I have never heard of a dirt track having tarps in case of rain, why? Has anyone ever seen a track use tarps?
    Its not the track that is always wet, the track can be work on. The pits are the real factor, they have to be able to hold those big rigs and drive on. Besides handling that many tarps would be expensive, and at lot of work.

I saw them used at Bubba Raceway in Ocala. Like gator said, its usually the pits and getting the rigs in and out that are the real factor.

Yeah it would be a tough deal. Even with the tarps, the water landing on it has to go somewhere, for a track with pits in the infield that would be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I saw them used at Bubba Raceway in Ocala. Like gator said, its usually the pits and getting the rigs in and out that are the real factor.
    Yep.....they used them for about a year. Supposedly, when they dug up the asphalt, they left the limerock base, ie, the track couldn't hold much water and it always got extremely rough.

I saw a photo of Brad Sweet putting them on a track in Cali that he promoted a WoO race at. Probably a lot easier at a little bull ring

It's like putting plastic wrap in a gravy bowl. How do you drain what is collected ? Pump it i guess?

Dome it!

wasn't there somebody in the '90s that was gonna build a covered track? thinking it was in Pennsylvania or.....