Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Watching the race, I'm not sure Erb was holding up anyone any more than the rest of the field was - i was not looking at lap times but they all seeemed to be close and passing was hard. They were 2X2 at least a few cars deep. Erb also had a car inside of him - EPJ if I'm not mistaken, that caused him to move up the track. I'm not saying he does not get wide, but in this case, he was just racing and searching for a groove with speed. Stovall plowed him. I'm not sure I've seen Dennis retaliate, and it was not on the video last night. If he did, good for him. It's ok to throw an elbow every now then.

Seems to me, if you had a better racing surface you would not have such a hard time passing lapped cars???? Maybe we should be mad at tracks for not having a raceable surface??? Guess that would be using to much common sense to see the real problem????? I didn't see this race so maybe there was another reason to not be able to get around????

Being hard to pass is good. Being hard to lap is an entirely different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    Seems to me, if you had a better racing surface you would not have such a hard time passing lapped cars???? Maybe we should be mad at tracks for not having a raceable surface??? Guess that would be using to much common sense to see the real problem????? I didn't see this race so maybe there was another reason to not be able to get around????
    No, it's Erb. He somehow just widens his car the entire width of the track that chicken shT

Quote Originally Posted by CasualDirtFan View Post
    Watching the race, I'm not sure Erb was holding up anyone any more than the rest of the field was - i was not looking at lap times but they all seeemed to be close and passing was hard. They were 2X2 at least a few cars deep. Erb also had a car inside of him - EPJ if I'm not mistaken, that caused him to move up the track. I'm not saying he does not get wide, but in this case, he was just racing and searching for a groove with speed. Stovall plowed him. I'm not sure I've seen Dennis retaliate, and it was not on the video last night. If he did, good for him. It's ok to throw an elbow every now then.
    A lapper retaliating for a racing incident is retarded. If this was Fairbury and the pass JD put on Erb, while I agreed with it because of how wide Erb was, I also have no issue if Erb would have run over him to take the lead back.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Being hard to pass is good. Being hard to lap is an entirely different thing.
    Correct, to an extent, you hold someone up too long, things probably going to get dicey.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I guess you're werent watching! Nothing wrong with the racetrack, at all!

They all ran too soft of fronts that caused their cars to get too tight, ie couldn't steer as well.

Stovall was going for it, Erb was all over the track, Erb could of given room on the outside as he was going nowhere. Track was as good as you can ask for.

He got into him for sure but I didnt think it was that bad especially battling for the lead ur gonna get run over in that situation every time...

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    I guess you're werent watching! Nothing wrong with the racetrack, at all!

They all ran too soft of fronts that caused their cars to get too tight, ie couldn't steer as well.
    I thought I said I didn't see it?

Chupp - I can't disagree, prefer to get that payback when not a lapped car - but had he not got slammed, he might have still been on the lead lap? I'm just not used to seeing Erb retaliate. Might be I've missed a few.

And the track was fine, and the racing was pretty good - just seemed like everyone was with in a couple tenths of each other at that point and no one could really clear anyone.

Look to me Stovall body slammed Erb and Erb didn't like it and paid him back. Nothing many others haven't done. Maybe Stovall needs to learn a little patience in that situation.

Could you imagine if that was Pierce who had done that

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Look to me Stovall body slammed Erb and Erb didn't like it and paid him back. Nothing many others haven't done. Maybe Stovall needs to learn a little patience in that situation.

Could you imagine if that was Pierce who had done that
    Yes I can.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualDirtFan View Post
    Chupp - I can't disagree, prefer to get that payback when not a lapped car - but had he not got slammed, he might have still been on the lead lap? I'm just not used to seeing Erb retaliate. Might be I've missed a few.

And the track was fine, and the racing was pretty good - just seemed like everyone was with in a couple tenths of each other at that point and no one could really clear anyone.
    Also, it was stated by Stovall I believe, that he has had an altercation with Erb Jr there before.

It is as simple as this. When getting lapped, it is common courtesy to hold your line. Not stop or let them pass, just stay in one line or the other. Erb likes the high line in the straights and the low line in the corners. This is not illegal, but comes with consequences. It has nothing to do with patience because Erb has run that line for 20 years. He is not going to stop on the next lap. The consequences come as the leader tries to get around them. This is nothing new. Last Friday Pierce ruffed him up , while lapping him. About everybody that has lapped him hasn't done it clean.

On a track the size of Wheatland, you say Erb used the whole track?That's a good one. I thought the object of racing was to go faster than the guy in front of you. Not use your blinker and move out of the way for Jimmy Joe. I don't buy that get out of the way stuff. If you're lapping someone, you must be faster. Figure out a way. The good ones do.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    On a track the size of Wheatland, you say Erb used the whole track?That's a good one. I thought the object of racing was to go faster than the guy in front of you. Not use your blinker and move out of the way for Jimmy Joe. I don't buy that get out of the way stuff. If you're lapping someone, you must be faster. Figure out a way. The good ones do.
    Are you from Illinois? If you are, you have seen Erb race more than I. And I can tell you, from the times I've seen him in person, and on DoD, him and Jackie Boggs got about the widest cars out there. If you can't figure out what that means because you wanna be literal, then so be it. But I know you know what it means. No you don't put a blinker on, and Stovall overdrove his entry. But there was no reason for Erb to take him out at the end. Stovall had already ruined his night not showing patience with a LAPPED car, for Erb to play games at the end of the race, guess I just think it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Are you from Illinois? If you are, you have seen Erb race more than I. And I can tell you, from the times I've seen him in person, and on DoD, him and Jackie Boggs got about the widest cars out there. If you can't figure out what that means because you wanna be literal, then so be it. But I know you know what it means. No you don't put a blinker on, and Stovall overdrove his entry. But there was no reason for Erb to take him out at the end. Stovall had already ruined his night not showing patience with a LAPPED car, for Erb to play games at the end of the race, guess I just think it was ridiculous.
    Not making any excuses for the on track extra curricular activities. I don't agree with it as well. Have not watched the vid yet. I was making reference to moving over for someone. They're all out there racing for position. Who wants to be lapped? Now with 2 lapps to go, that might be different.
    8/13/16

Some of you are missing the point. It's common courtesy that if you're running the hub through the corners, you don't run the wall on the straights unless you know for a fact your are in the clear. It causes all kinds of problems. Many of which are going to get you turned around. I like Erb for a bunch of reasons but he does run that line and it isn't cool unless you know you're out front...and clearly he wasn't. As someone else stated, this is nothing new. He's run that line for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not making any excuses for the on track extra curricular activities. I don't agree with it as well. Have not watched the vid yet. I was making reference to moving over for someone. They're all out there racing for position. Who wants to be lapped? Now with 2 lapps to go, that might be different.
    I agree, and really, I had no issue whatsoever with what happened to Stovall. He was taking a chance, and it bit him in the a$$. But for Erb to retaliate at the end over a racing deal, I've already stated my peace a few times on that.