Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J. Davenport

Question J. Davenport

Will he make the show-me? If so on points?b-main?last chance race? He's sitting mid pack 34th right now in points.... .tonight could be make or break, whats your predictions? I'm guessing he misses the show altogether but i hope I'm wrong at the same time....

Why don't we just watch and see...

I don't believe Babb or Richards are in on points yet. But we have another night so it will probably shake out.
    8/13/16

Without the provisional is Richards must win?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Without the provisional is Richards must win?
    They take the average so I think he just needs a good night. Think he was like 27th or so in points.

Scratch that, they start 30 tomorrow night.
    8/13/16

It pains me deeply to see JD struggle in that Icon. I know why is running it, but I really miss seeing him in a competitive ride.

He is gna be buried in his heat too

I don't see him finishing the season in this ride.

It's actually starting to become embarrassing for everyone involved with the BWRC team. Qualified 40th a night ago and you figure make adjustments being a veteran team and come back stronger tonight. Instead, he qualifies like 54th?!?!?!? Unheard of even in his early years. Not that I think it matters much but for those of you wondering, JD will be in the Show Me 100 tomorrow night, as he will get the Provisional for "most recent Show Me 100 Winner to not qualify on points". He will be starting dead last. At this point, I'd let it loose in this heat race and b-main and see what you have. Nothing to lose. Question for everyone....you think if JD struggles the entire year, him and Rumley might think about reuniting the band?

He needs back in a longhorn BAD.. Idk if Rumley ever helped the 116 team but that car is a spitting image of the 6 car...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 05-26-2017 at 08:56 PM.

I made a thread about this a few weeks ago and people thought I was crazy....And I may be, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    He needs back in a longhorn BAD.. Idk if Rumley ever helped the 116 team but that car is a spitting image of the 6 car...
    I was vocal behind the scenes (so to speak) how I believed JD should've taken the 116 ride. It's a long season. Maybe, these guys will surprise the 2nd half of season. Davenport is a pretty laid back guy. We'll see how much non-success it takes to rattle him.

Icon first year out struggles......longhorn first Couple years out, boat anchor.

It's not exactly unheard of.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Finished 7th in his B-main

I mean JD is a high side guy and he runs low side the entire b-main, just coasting along like he had no interest whatsoever at challenging for a top 2. Starts 6th finishes 7th. Never made a move.

Just curious, is any other driver/s of significance driving an ICON, or even a Barry Wright chassis for that matter? Seems like I don't hear of anyone in a BWRC anymore. Maybe Owens realized last year they just aren't what they used to be, hope that's not the case since Barry and Lance both seem like good guys, but the future's not too bright when you put two proven drivers in your house car and struggle to even make races...

There is a couple in MI. Not sure if they are ICON though

In several races this year the car has been fast early and seems to fade as the race goes on.The Rome race comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Icon first year out struggles......longhorn first Couple years out, boat anchor.

It's not exactly unheard of.
    Maybe Barry will have Kevin consult on the Icon. The only reason Longhorns lost their boat anchor status was because of Kevin. Never proven, but supposedly he helped with the XR1 too. Rocket was in a little slump, but still selling cars, unlike Longhorn before Kevin. Makes ya feel bad for EPJ.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I was vocal behind the scenes (so to speak) how I believed JD should've taken the 116 ride. It's a long season. Maybe, these guys will surprise the 2nd half of season. Davenport is a pretty laid back guy. We'll see how much non-success it takes to rattle him.
    Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?