Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?
    That was his ride if he wanted it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Was the 116 even offered to Davenport?
    The ride was JD's to have, He chose to reunite with BW. Meanwhile the 116 has 8 wins and 21 top 5's in 29 races. Overton is looking strong.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    In several races this year the car has been fast early and seems to fade as the race goes on.The Rome race comes to mind.
    The car was 54th fastest yesterday in time trials and 40th fastest the night before. So, I guess he was faster early on.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That was his ride if he wanted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    The ride was JD's to have, He chose to reunite with BW. Meanwhile the 116 has 8 wins and 21 top 5's in 29 races. Overton is looking strong.
    Interesting. I hadn't read anywhere that it was actually offered to him. I bet Overton sure is glad to be in it right now.

I threw out some @sshole bait and see that I got a bite.I don't recall saying every race.

Maybe JD just lost his ability????? Washed up?? Or maybe it just takes a Rumley type car to suit his style of driving????

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    Maybe JD just lost his ability????? Washed up?? Or maybe it just takes a Rumley type car to suit his style of driving????
    Davenport won more than a few 10k + regional races prior to moving to CBR. He was driving a BarryWright then. For whatever reason, Barry's stuff is behind the curve. JD has won in other rides, not just the 6.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    I threw out some @sshole bait and see that I got a bite.I don't recall saying every race.
    I like JD...I was having a little humor with this. All you can do sometimes when things are going so south for thr first 5 months, wasn't trying to rattle you.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Davenport won more than a few 10k + regional races prior to moving to CBR. He was driving a BarryWright then. For whatever reason, Barry's stuff is behind the curve. JD has won in other rides, not just the 6.
    Agreed...he knows how to race. Thr car flat out isn't even close to where it needs to be. They've had 5 months now. Time to start showing some progression.

No problem.The 116 wins again at Boyd's.

They'd be smart to hire Rumley a few races to line it out.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Will he make the show-me? If so on points?b-main?last chance race? He's sitting mid pack 34th right now in points.... .tonight could be make or break, whats your predictions? I'm guessing he misses the show altogether but i hope I'm wrong at the same time....
    Points, really? JD hasn't been running the series, at all... He and Barry are developing a new car and he chose to run an outlaw type schedule, ON PURPOSE. My personal thoughts are that they are down on power, the Hatfield Power Plants don't seem up to par. If they had Clements power like before they'd be in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    ...Question for everyone....you think if JD struggles the entire year, him and Rumley might think about reuniting the band?
    There won't be a Rumley/Davenport reunion, not nationally anyway. Rumley has married and moved on, he achieved the goals he had for he and his fathers team and thats it. JD would be better off if he could get one of the Rumley powerplants, anything but the Hatfield.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 05-27-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Points, really? JD hasn't been running the series, at all... He and Barry are developing a new car and he chose to run an outlaw type schedule, ON PURPOSE. My personal thoughts are that they are down on power, the Hatfield Power Plants don't seem up to par. If they had Clements power like before they'd be in the hunt.

There won't be a Rumley/Davenport reunion, not nationally anyway. Rumley has married and moved on, he achieved the goals he had for he and his fathers team and thats it. JD would be better off if he could get one of the Rumley powerplants, anything but the Hatfield.
    i was referring to making it into the show on points accumulating from the first two nights in wheatland like everyone else, hence the reason it was mentioned first. I'm fully aware of jd's schedule, an reasoning why it is the way it is.....

Although he has hatfield valve covers i was under the impression its actually a ry45, any truth to that?

I think he means points for the show me, not Lucas

Although he has hatfield valve covers i was under the impression its actually a ry45, any truth to that?
    It's an RY45 built by Hatfield.

I'm my opinion..... Hatfield is the biggest piece of sh!t motor to have in the dirt late model world(they alright in the modifieds). I have no idea why they went with Hatfield other than they got a deal on it. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

You guys act like they have been bad all year. They started out pretty well and have only recently gone backwards.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

We had a motor one time and it was giving us power issues and it ended up having the wrong valve springs on it. Changed them out and it was like night and day. Won like 4 races or so right after. It would be ok and sometimes it couldn't even get out of its own way.

They have both, they have one RY45 and 2 Chevrolet's, there was an article at the beginning of the year about it. Jonathan said he had always been a Chevrolet guy but driving Weaver's fords last year opened his eyes to what Ford had to offer

Thanks for the response fellas, i must've missed the article.