Thread: Rome tips?

Default Rome tips?

I'm gonna be a first timer tomorrow. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Not really a bad seat in the house concrete bleachers in front stretch. Tracks side parking on back stretch but sells out fast and a longggg walk to concession stand. Great view behind the backstretch and turns 1 and 2. I really like sitting in the bleachers when in 3 and 4 when I go to watch. Food is pretty good as well. It will be a packed house. Slight grade uphill to the track after parking. As always the earlier the better on arrival

If you can get there in time and don't frequent the concession stand a ton, do the trackside parking. It's better to sit a little higher on the concrete bleachers for a better view. If you go in the pits go stand by the back stretch fence getting into 3 especially if it's tacky. The speed is pretty impressive.

Probably going myself.
    Last edited by B_K; 05-28-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    ..If you go in the pits go stand by the back stretch fence getting into 3 especially if it's tacky. The speed is pretty impressive.

Probably going myself.
    ^^^This^^^. An unusual track runs downhill on the front stretch, high banks with wide turns, but not as steep as Bulls Gap or Tazewell. 1/2 mile around by wall. Built into the side of the mountain.

Bring a lawn chair for the concrete bleachers and eat a chicken basket from the concession stand!