Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

But Eldora's is self inflicted.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    The problems are the door bar plate rule that was mandated this year and the 20-40 no groove or sipe tire rule. Hopefully Eldora wakes up.
    I agree that the biggest problem is the doorplate rule , that coupled with having to have a full containment seat are what keeping the local teams away. I don't know that the tire rule is a killer because most of the area tracks the locals who used to come down are running under the UMP and using the LM tires already anyhow. At least up in the Oakshade an Attica area are. Combined with the format now where the locals know they have no chance in hell of making it in. I think this is going to be a very Low car count which maybe will make them rethink some of these rules changes. Or one can at least hope it will.

If the locals are mad cause they have to buy a full containment seat. Then they shouldn't be racing

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    If the locals are mad cause they have to buy a full containment seat. Then they shouldn't be racing
    That is simply your opinion.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yes it is! And my opinion is you shouldn't take the cheap route when it comes to safety.

The teams as re spending a bunch of money on the cars. Why throw in a seat that's just sitting around or one that is out dated?

The teams as re spending a bunch of money on the cars. Why throw in a seat that's just sitting around or one that is out dated?
    Containment seats have been around a long time. Why are they so necessary now? What facts changed? I am not saying that they are definitely not a benefit, but there are no statistics or studies to prove how much safer you are in a DLM because you have one. There are no studies in the +/- likelihood of a concussion either. Fatalities have always been and continue to be very rare. You are at more risk on the interstate. Should we have containment seats and helmets there?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Weren't guys finding hard to get out of one especially if the car was upside down? Or am I confusing that with something else...

The Johnny Appleseed race used to pay more before it became a regular race. They are just using his name as a drawing card and a tradition ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The Johnny Appleseed race used to pay more before it became a regular race. They are just using his name as a drawing card and a tradition ploy.
    Right you are! At one time, it was relatively big.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Most people forget that this race was originally in September the Sunday of Labor Day and it paid 2,000 to win. Also you would get 70 to 85 super lates come in just to tune up. You would get Birky and Moran as well as others as the Hillbilly was on Saturday or Monday. In may on Memorial Day you would get 55 to 75 super lates but you also had no one running on Sunday.

Yes it is! And my opinion is you shouldn't take the cheap route when it comes to safety.
    Exactly. Plenty of proof out there that they help. Once my brother went to one he said it was night and day. The problem with exciting MI, is mostly door openings, old, and/or heavy guys.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Most people forget that this race was originally in September the Sunday of Labor Day and it paid 2,000 to win. Also you would get 70 to 85 super lates come in just to tune up. You would get Birky and Moran as well as others as the Hillbilly was on Saturday or Monday. In may on Memorial Day you would get 55 to 75 super lates but you also had no one running on Sunday.
    It was actually originally run at the end of Sept when it was moved to Eldora by Earl in 1988.