Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I heard a rumor that the door plate as well as the tire rule was Roger Slacks idea and Tony Stewart was also wanting it. Also I have heard that there will be around 50 to 60 cars for the Dream and the World 100 could be around 70. A lot of guys in the mods and stocks have said they are running elsewhere. I remember seeing 50 to 85 super lates at Eldora all the time for the local show and 50 mods and 50 stocks. I bet Earl is rolling over in his grave.

Most likely a regular from either WoO or Lucas will win the Dream.

Probably also did anyone notice that Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) in the BEST PERFORMANCE OWNED car was there as well. I think Eldora will have there sanction yanked and all.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to but there were quite a few races in the area on Saturday and they all had decent cars counts... Hilltop,Wayne County,Brownstown and Oakshade all had nice car counts on Saturday.. Eldora was the only track in the area running today and with the WOO race at Tyler canceled they should have had 30-40 cars. The problems are the door bar plate rule that was mandated this year and the 20-40 no groove or sipe tire rule. Hopefully Eldora wakes up.
    No doubt. Making rules just to make rules it seems like. Eldora has gotten a bit arrogant in my opinion. They have rules that no one in the country has. Amazing. The no groove and sipe rule makes no sense either. A majority of racers do not want that rule.

How do you know that Jeff Babc0cks car is owned by Best Performance? Because a lot of the sponsors on that car have been sponsors of Babc0ck for years.... For all you know that could be a Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) entry instead of BPM. And if you think for a minute UMP is going to hand any sanctions down on the almighty Eldora speedway your nuts.

This was ALMS sanction race not Ump

ALMS is UMP.

I'm pretty sure Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)'s car is not owned by best performance motorsports. I think they are a sponsor only.

I'm pretty sure you're correct.

They certainly owned the truck, mod, and late model he drove in the past. Or it was presented as such.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

That's correct... They don't have the big BPM rig this year and most of the sponsors are Babc0cks. My guess is BPM just sponsors and helps him out. Jeff is good friends with the owner of BPM

There is no way Eldora would let Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) race a best performance motorsports car! Ive said some bad things about the management but I can assure you they aint that stupid!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    That's correct... They don't have the big BPM rig this year and most of the sponsors are Babc0cks. My guess is BPM just sponsors and helps him out. Jeff is good friends with the owner of BPM
    That's hauler was sold. The hauler he is using this year is the same one that Paul Stubber used last year when he was in from Australia, which is also a best car. That hauler is connected to the best team.

Since Mansfield is back to dirt and open again. the Johnny Appleseed race should go back there since that is where it started back in the 70's

I agree with Ohiomike. Maybe they would raise the purse and get the race back to what it once was.

It will definitely be interesting to see if anything changes for Eldora next year. I mean low car counts and nobody in the stands has to be effecting the money coming in. Tony is a millionaire but at the same time he is a business man. And businesses have to make money.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    It will definitely be interesting to see if anything changes for Eldora next year. I mean low car counts and nobody in the stands has to be effecting the money coming in. Tony is a millionaire but at the same time he is a business man. And businesses have to make money.
    Be careful in here Jason, you'll get accused of bitchin when simply stating facts.

Ive got thick skin JabberJaws83. I deal with ignorance everyday at work.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Car counts and fans in the stands have dropped ever since Roger Slack took over.

This has been happening all over the country for years now. Nothing new